Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will the GMs even take her seriously

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM
  • 42 Replies
I was asst manager of my old department for 4 years, last year a position opened in the front end for asst manager and I was asked by the front end team if I would like the position and all I needed to do to was train up there for 8 weeks cashiering, services desk and other front end duties.

At the time I was in a really bad relationship, my manager of my old department knew what was going on, my new manager on the front end use to be my old manager about 3 years ago so they all knew I was a hard worker just at the time in my life things were bad and it showed, I was late a lot, had to call in a lot, other issues they had to deal with me and what was going on in my relationship, my manger from my old department never fired me because she had been through the same thing and she understood what I was going through.

My new manager of my new department had talked to my old manager and before the 8 weeks was even up I was told by my new manager that they didn't feel I was ready to take on the asst Manager position at that time and if I wanted to take this time and get my life together and try again next year I would get it for sure but at that time they didnt feel I could take it on with all I had going on and if I needed their help with recourses to get out of my relationship they would be able to help.

Well I decided to stay on the front end as a cashier and working the Service desk , yesterday my managers came up to me and asked my would I except the open position for asst manager I told them yes. Well today when I got to work my friend told me that another girl who had been training for the position has been talking crap about me saying I didn't deserve the position and that if I wasn't ready to take it last year I should have never been reconsider and she wanted to talk to the general manager because she don't think it's fair.

I did my part in traning for the position, I stayed on the front end and learned the ropes I've been at this job way longer and I feel that I erred my position. Will the General managers even take her seriously?
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

well,i dont think you should get special treatment because you were in an abusive relationship.frankly,you sound like a nightmare employee.when you were late,out,etc..everyone else had to pick up your slack.get your life together and then go for a promotion.right now,you are still unreliable..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry but it sounds like she's right. You sound like an unreliable worker. I'm sorry you had shit going on but you are lucky your work put up with it. A lot of people have shit happen in their lives but manage to be on time and not call off. Sorry
Estrella90
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM
I didn't ask the for special treatment nor did I Expect it. I left my ex in February, I've worked on getting my life together for my kids, I didn't ask them for this position they came to me, maybe if this girl had a better attitude they would have picked her.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

well,i dont think you should get special treatment because you were in an abusive relationship.frankly,you sound like a nightmare employee.when you were late,out,etc..everyone else had to pick up your slack.get your life together and then go for a promotion.right now,you are still unreliable..

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM
Has your situation changed since last time?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I can see her point. She's seeing that others have worked their asses off, been on time, haven't called off, ect. I'm sorry but why should you be offered the position when there are others who have worked harder than you have?

I'm sorry you were going through a hard time but you can't let life impact your work. When you were late and calling off, others picked up the slack. You have been getting special treatment and that is wrong.

Hopefully you are in a better place now.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

the 'bad attitude' probably comes from having to cover for you..sorry,i know this isnt what you want to hear but youre unreliable...its only been a year.

Quoting Estrella90: I didn't ask the for special treatment nor did I Expect it. I left my ex in February, I've worked on getting my life together for my kids, I didn't ask them for this position they came to me, maybe if this girl had a better attitude they would have picked her.
Quoting quinnsmom715:

Estrella90
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:02 PM
Before any of that happened with my ex I was a good worker they never had any problems with my which is why they kept me around because I was a good worker, I didn't ask for any special treatment nor did I expect it. I left my ex in February I got my life together for my kids. I didn't beg them for the position the came to me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sorry but it sounds like she's right. You sound like an unreliable worker. I'm sorry you had shit going on but you are lucky your work put up with it. A lot of people have shit happen in their lives but manage to be on time and not call off. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:04 PM
You asked, I answered. No need to justify yourself to strangers online

Quoting Estrella90: Before any of that happened with my ex I was a good worker they never had any problems with my which is why they kept me around because I was a good worker, I didn't ask for any special treatment nor did I expect it. I left my ex in February I got my life together for my kids. I didn't beg them for the position the came to me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm sorry but it sounds like she's right. You sound like an unreliable worker. I'm sorry you had shit going on but you are lucky your work put up with it. A lot of people have shit happen in their lives but manage to be on time and not call off. Sorry
Estrella90
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:04 PM
She wasn't even here when I was going through any of that she transferred here back in April so no she wasn't picking up anything she came here with an attitude.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

the 'bad attitude' probably comes from having to cover for you..sorry,i know this isnt what you want to hear but youre unreliable...its only been a year.

Quoting Estrella90: I didn't ask the for special treatment nor did I Expect it. I left my ex in February, I've worked on getting my life together for my kids, I didn't ask them for this position they came to me, maybe if this girl had a better attitude they would have picked her.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM

blah blah blah.if i worked with you and you were always late,calling out,id have a bad attitude too..you should wait a while for new positions because it hasnt been that long and people just dont change instantly.how will you be an effective leader when the people under you know what a crappy worker you are?

Quoting Estrella90: Before any of that happened with my ex I was a good worker they never had any problems with my which is why they kept me around because I was a good worker, I didn't ask for any special treatment nor did I expect it. I left my ex in February I got my life together for my kids. I didn't beg them for the position the came to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)