Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living in a rich town

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
On a halfway decent income sucks. I'm so sick of living where everyone is well-to-do. To be clear, I don't care if I have a lot of "stuff" or a lot of money, I just want a cozy home and to have my needs met. It's just annoying getting the idea that I'm supposed to have more junk because everyone around has money and lots of stuff. I'm so over this place.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Bump
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Try going to high schoolers with kids who drive 100k cars and crash them only to get a new one. All while you have to share a car with your mom. That sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM
i don't mind not having the best shit but damn, I don't like feeling like what I have isn't good enough and having ppl look at me all condescending.

Quoting Hanab818: Try going to high schoolers with kids who drive 100k cars and crash them only to get a new one. All while you have to share a car with your mom. That sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM
Where do you live?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM
In Florida

Quoting Anonymous 2: Where do you live?
WickedPissah
by Penis colada on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:55 PM
I live in a well to do town, as well.
I don't care for a lot of the people. So I don't care how they see me.
maureen813
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:55 PM

When you say " rich" that can mean so many things to so many people..what does that mean to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Shopping at Nieman as the usual thing, driving new Mercedes and BMWs each year. Having family occasions catered. Going to the country club three or four nights a week for dinner, because you're a member there with fat dues to pay and chilling inside while your kids and your neighbors' kids swim in the pool outside. Etc.

Quoting maureen813:

When you say " rich" that can mean so many things to so many people..what does that mean to you?

Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM
Me too and I'm in the same boat financially. I choose to live here because of the school district

Quoting Anonymous 1: In Florida

Quoting Anonymous 2: Where do you live?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM
We bought a house in a nicer community that is comprised mostly of older couples. After about a year and a half of living here one of the neighbors asked my dh when he planned on getting me a new car. Dh told him he didn't. The man then told my dh that he NEEDED to because it was an old car and didn't "fit" our community, and that ALL the neighbors were tired of looking at our "eye sore". Dh told him the car is 10 years old and runs fine. If "all the neighbors" wanted to buy me a new car, that was fine with him.

To clarify, we live in a forrest community, no lot is under 5 acres in size and our house and cars aren't visible from the road. But everyone is driving newer, expensive vehicles.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)