Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Video game ratings and kids

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
My son is 6. He has a amazon kindle which sucks, but he uses it mostly for music and apps like temple run and candy crush. Today though, I discovered him playing a game called "kill shot" which in the Apple Store, is rated 17+. I made him delete it and a couple others. I feel like those games are too intense and not at all appropriate for a young kid. He's mad at me, but oh well. He'll get over it before lunch.

I was curious though, how many other parents would've done the same thing, and how many others would've let it slide. What would you have done?
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:00 PM
My 6yo son plays a shooting game called Pixel Gun 3D. It's 17+, but honestly I'm not bothered by the game. We've taught him about real world gun safety and he understands what he is playing is just a silly game.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I always play the game myself and see if my son can handle it. He plays a couple 17+ games. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:10 PM
I have all the games my kids order in their kindles emailed to me. I monitor it very closely. They aren't allowed to play any shooting games at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)