Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

number of prescription pills problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
What do you do if you don't have enough pills to last?

Ds is on Adderall. The current prescription will last him until Nov 11.

The next prescription, it says not to be filled until Nov 25... a 30 day supply.

But his next appt with the psychiatrist, isn't until Dec 29. So obviously, even from Nov 25 until Dec 29, he'd run out of those.

Do I call and inform them that he doesn't have enough medication to last? Idk how it got to where he got so low of pills. I'm the one who distributes them. Other than the weekly dispenser, the other medication is locked up and I'm the only one with a key.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:05 PM
Call the prescribing physician and start there. Even if s/he OKs it, your insurance may not pay for it.

And just a heads up... the doctor may be willing to do this as a one off, but if you're always "running out" of controlled substances you'll be labeled a med seeker. That label doesn't come off easily once you've earned it.
AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Pills don't just vanish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM
I doubt anyone took them. I know it's possible though but then I got to the Nov 25 to dec 29th part. That won't last ds the full 30 days.

In the very beginning, I was only giving them to ds on the days he had school. Idk if they take that into consideration bc now, he's taking them everyday.. but again, idk.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Call the prescribing physician and start there. Even if s/he OKs it, your insurance may not pay for it.

And just a heads up... the doctor may be willing to do this as a one off, but if you're always "running out" of controlled substances you'll be labeled a med seeker. That label doesn't come off easily once you've earned it.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Adderall has street value, so I think this'll be both the doctor's and the pharmacy's stance too.

Quoting AnonMomof3: Pills don't just vanish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:34 PM
But what about the next prescription? It's a 30 day supply, from Nov 25 until Dec 29. That's about 4 days without having them.

Ugh. Idk. I'm gonna go back and count, maybe they've taken into consideration that ds wasn't taking them on the weekends.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Adderall has street value, so I think this'll be both the doctor's and the pharmacy's stance too.

AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM
If the prescription was for just weekdays, the number of pills given would show that. You wouldn't get a 30 day supply, which is 30 pills at once a day. You would have been prescribed only enough to cover the 5 days a week. It is your responsibility to inform the Dr that you have begun giving 7 days a week. Have the rx updated.

You're claiming he will only have pills until the 11th. Unable to refill until the 25th. That is two WEEKS of missing pills. Weekends depending on the month, are 8-10 days.

Your story doesn't add up. Its not unusual to have an appt lapse a few days like that. If like you say they think he only gets 5 pills a week and they prescribed you 30 pills, you should have enough to last until his appt.

Quoting Anonymous 1: But what about the next prescription? It's a 30 day supply, from Nov 25 until Dec 29. That's about 4 days without having them.

Ugh. Idk. I'm gonna go back and count, maybe they've taken into consideration that ds wasn't taking them on the weekends.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Adderall has street value, so I think this'll be both the doctor's and the pharmacy's stance too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)