Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me out!

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
My three children (9, 5, and 3 y/o) and DH are in a wedding in a couple of weeks. My mom brought up the idea of bringing an emergency bag of stuff to help us get through the wedding without any meltdowns. I'm glad she thought of this because I honestly hadn't considered it! So far on my list of items to bring I have water, non messy snacks, a couple of books, and some wet wipes. Please help me brainstorm! I really want to make sure I cover all of my bases. The wedding is at 4 in the afternoon, it is indoors, and we will be at the venue for 7-8 hours total if that helps at all.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarcastic_name
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:06 PM
Crayons and a coloring book
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:07 PM
A tablet loaded up with videos, games and books and ear buds.
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:08 PM
7-8 hours? There will be meltdowns regardless. Just be prepared to run out and handle them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:10 PM
Idk
tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:11 PM

small toys without multiple pieces. coloring book and crayons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Glow bracelets or necklaces.  The kids will love them once the lights dim for dancing at the reception.  Also some small, quiet toys - new ones are better since they will hold their interest longer.  I'd also suggest a change of clothing/shoes if they are going to be wearing formal attire for the wedding.

twinmom86
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Lol yes I definitely expect at least a minor meltdown or two I'm mostly hoping to avoid a full on screaming and refusal to participate in the wedding type of meltdown. I'm sure I will have to take at least one kid outside/other room at some point during the day.

Quoting mrsary: 7-8 hours? There will be meltdowns regardless. Just be prepared to run out and handle them!
twinmom86
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Great ideas! Thank you!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Glow bracelets or necklaces.  The kids will love them once the lights dim for dancing at the reception.  Also some small, quiet toys - new ones are better since they will hold their interest longer.  I'd also suggest a change of clothing/shoes if they are going to be wearing formal attire for the wedding.

twinmom86
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:22 PM
I didn't even think of that. Thank you!

Quoting Sarcastic_name: Crayons and a coloring book
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:25 PM
Crayons and coloring books.

My kids were in weddings at 1 and 4. After the ceremony they enjoyed the limo. At the reception they honestly just enjoyed seeing family, dancing, and eating. By 8:30 they fell asleep on some chairs placed next to one another. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)