Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Cancer gotten to the point that it's common?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I mean out of say 20 of us ladies here, how many do you think will get or have had Cancer? Cancer is so scary to me
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM
It's pretty common. I've never had it, but my DH died from leukemia so it's affected my life directly. I expect to get cancer at some point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I know of 2 people who've had cancer. My mom had thyroid cancer. Her grandma had breast cancer, but I didn't know her personally. And an aunt of mine beat breast cancers ass last year๐ŸŽ‰
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM
I hate to say it but I feel like out of three sisters, I'd be the one to end up with cancer. I had fertility treatments and I know there were studies done that say it increased a chance of cancer :(

Quoting Ginger0104: It's pretty common. I've never had it, but my DH died from leukemia so it's affected my life directly. I expect to get cancer at some point.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Early diagnosis, better treatment, people living longer in general.  Plus, we have more chemicals that are in our food and air and water, that we have NO idea of the results.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM
Go Auntie! Sorry to hear about your other family members. So far only my Great Gran passed from breast cancer. I don't know anyone else currently in my family that ended up with cancer.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I know of 2 people who've had cancer. My mom had thyroid cancer. Her grandma had breast cancer, but I didn't know her personally. And an aunt of mine beat breast cancers ass last year๐ŸŽ‰
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM
This is true. I've been thinking about it a lot more lately

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Early diagnosis, better treatment, people living longer in general.  Plus, we have more chemicals that are in our food and air and water, that we have NO idea of the results.

KiaJR
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM
It's very common.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Many of my family members had cancer, 4 died, the others are fine.
702girly
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM
It's always been common to me. It runs in my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM

I am a cancer survivor and several members of my immediate family are also cancer survivors. We've all had different types, though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)