Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Keep your kids from tearing up the kitchen? There is always food on the floor. I hate it. I clean and 5 minutes later there's more. It's my 2 year old that does it, but it's because he sees his 4 year old, 7 year old, and 10 year old siblings getting food. He and the 4 year old have gotten in the habit of eating had an apple then getting something else. Meanwhile the half eaten apple is left on the table... I'm going nuts!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Lysol professional disinfecting wipes stashed around the house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:32 PM
They are not allowed to eat without permission so I know they are going in the kitchen and they know they get a single snack at snacktime. If they don't finish a fruit it is to go into a storage container and rhey can't have another until it is finished because they kept wasting fruit. I know they will make a mess at their ages so I control when that mess happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:33 PM
I just don't allow them to leave such messes.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:33 PM

Baby gate? Teach the older kids not to make messes? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:35 PM
I used to have that rule but my 10 year old kept sneaking food into his room so I've since changed it to I don't care as long as it's in the kitchen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: They are not allowed to eat without permission so I know they are going in the kitchen and they know they get a single snack at snacktime. If they don't finish a fruit it is to go into a storage container and rhey can't have another until it is finished because they kept wasting fruit. I know they will make a mess at their ages so I control when that mess happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
They aren't allowed food without permission. They can only get what they can reach on their own, which are raisins or fruit chews. Anything else is up high.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:28 PM
My kids are monkeys. My 2 year old climbed into the fridge, climbed to the top shelf, got a pudding, opened it, got a spoon, and ate the pudding while I was in the shower... he had just eaten breakfast which he chose not to finish.

Quoting Anonymous 4: They aren't allowed food without permission. They can only get what they can reach on their own, which are raisins or fruit chews. Anything else is up high.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:30 PM
For little ones a baby gate. My 8yo knows he's welcome to food but he will clean his mess or I'll make him clean much more than just his mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:32 PM
I'd have them immediately stop whatever they were doing to clean up. It just simply wouldn't be allowed to stay that way.

My dd is 11 and I still hear her go put her dishes in the sink instead of the dishwasher. As she walks away I say dishwasher! Then she shuffles back and does it. I don't get how that's hard for her to do on her own. I'm very close to ending the reminders and instead giving consequences - like her immediately hand-washing whatever dishes she's left. Kids can be sooo stubborn.
alexmom529
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:35 PM

I dunno discipline. Don't let them start off with that behavior. Now I never tell my kid he can't eat or has to get permission to eat because that seems stupid but if he makes a mess then he damn sure is going to clean it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)