Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Increasing milk supply help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Hi,

My baby is 5 months old and hasn't gained any weight in a month. She's actually lost 6 oz. she was gaining well before that point. She will not take a bottle of BM or formula.

What works for you to increase your milk? I bought fenugreek and blessed thistle. TIA.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:53 PM
You need to go to the doctor. That's not normal it right.
marihigs
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM

There are many reasons as to why baby is having trouble feeding but you 100000% should get it seen by your doctor ASAP. 

There could be something internal going on that someone will need to check. 

6oz in a month could be quite a big drop in weight depending how much baby weighed at birth. Typically babies do lose some weight after birth but by 5 months they should be increasing their weight steadily and feeding often. 

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Has she been sick? Is she teething?  Has she been checked for lip and tongue ties?

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Fenugreek and drinking lots of water worked for me
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:41 PM
Does she have a lip or tongue tie? It might not be a supply issue, but a milk transfer issue.

Join the breastfeeding group on here. They're a little too crunchy for me, but they had great advice on breastfeeding.
TwoPennies
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Mother's milk tea, fenugreek and dark beer all help boost milk supply. Does baby have reflux/silent reflux? Lip or tongue tie?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)