Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meals for ONE! Help?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

So I am looking for ideas for meals for one (and two)

It is just me and my kiddo, whom I have always and will always continue to make their own special meals when needed. So usually I eat like complete shit. 

I would like ideas for meals for 2 as well, of course, but it's so hard to find stuff to make for such a small amount. =/ I feel like I waste too much stuff anytime I make a small meal for one. 

I want to start eating better but also eating and trying more stuff. I get so lazy in the kitchen because it is just me. I miss things like lasagnas and casseroles and whatnot. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:28 PM
There is a blog called meals for two. Also when cooking if you make to much freeze it for later.
Bitemebetty
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM
Like make lasagna rolls and freeze the ones you don't eat.
Secretspook
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM

This

Quoting Bitemebetty: There is a blog called meals for two. Also when cooking if you make to much freeze it for later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:30 PM

My grandmother is now a widow, and she has resorted to making a normal meal and then portioning it out and freezing them for future meals.  

Also, when I make stuff like lasagna. I make extra and use those small disposable loaf pans and make a bunch of small batches.  Those tend to work perfectly for 2-3 people.  You can do it with mac n cheese and other casseroles as well.  At Thanksgiving, I also make extra and put them in those tins and then send them home with guests as "leftovers".  

squeekers
by squeekers on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM

chicken breast & rice.

tuna fish sandwich.

hard boiled eggs smashed into egg salad sandwiched.

couple pieces of fish and a small can of veggies.

slice of ham with carrots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)