Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best way to do this....

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was born a very light/platinum blonde. For the past 5 years or so I have been coloring my hair a deep red. I am starting to get tired of it and am ready for a change and think I want my hair blonde again. I know that I can not just go back, its gonna take time and such. But I also do not want my hair to look like crap during this in between time either. I have thoughts of just letting my hair grow out for a while (my roots still come in very light and gold colored), but I hate the way that it looks. Or maybe start coloring it a lighter color (thats not red) and just work my way back to blonde over a few months. IDK. Looking for suggestions.

ETA- I will be going to a salon, but I want to be able to tell them which route I want to get back to blonde.

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:05 PM
Go to a salon. They can get you back to blonde.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM
Have a professional do it.
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:08 PM

I do plan on doing this, but in my experience with salons they just want to make money and will do whatever you ask with no/little regard to your hair. I don't want to fry my hair going straight back. A few years ago I saw them take a guy with purple hair and start bleaching it, he wanted grey hair before he left.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Go to a salon. They can get you back to blonde.

laceyyyy
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:08 PM

A stylist should be able to quickly get you back within maybe 2-3 process and do it so it looks nice in between. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)