Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday gift and unsatified dh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I bought my dh some la Rams gear and accessories since he's absolutely Gaga over this team. I purchased a top, a hat, a lanyard, a bottled can sleeve,and an emblem for his car. When he opened his gift he looked extremely unhappy. There was no smile, no excitement. Nothing. He picked on the things I bought. He didn't like the top.. it wasn't BOLD enough for him. He didn't want the lanyard because he already has one. He didn't like the emblem because he doesn't want it to ruin his car. The only thing he really liked was the hat.. but even at that, he wasn't excited about it.
He was so unhappy.
He said, "we've been together for 10 years and you still don't know what kind of tops I like"?

Seriously. All I could do was cry. I spent almost $200 on this stuff, I got no appreciation.
He saw me crying and got upset. He said I was making him feel guilty for not liking what I got him. He said, "what do you want me to do, fake it"? I told him I would. I would
Be happy with whatever he got me, but even if I absolutely hated it.. I'd fake it because that's the nice thing to do. Besides, he can always order something else later.
I just couldn't believe the assholery.
my dh can be an ass but this takes the cake.
:/
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, he wouldn't be getting anymore gifts from me.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
You guys have been together long enough he shouldn't have to fake it and he can be honest with you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:35 PM
I personally think gifts like that are kind of generic. Like if you don't know what to get a woman for a gift, you give smelly soaps. If you don't know what to get a guy, you get stuff for his sports team.
flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, he wouldn't be getting anymore gifts from me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
He has a point. You should know what he likes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:37 PM
I think buying adults birthday presents is stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:37 PM
I've gotten pretty creative with his gifts in the past. Football season is in and he's been hinting to me how much he would love a new hat and some accessories from his favorite team.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I personally think gifts like that are kind of generic. Like if you don't know what to get a woman for a gift, you give smelly soaps. If you don't know what to get a guy, you get stuff for his sports team.
Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:38 PM

You've been together for 10 years?  I agree with him, by now you should know what he likes and wants.

Tonysgurl05
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:38 PM
I would take it all back and not get him anything that was an ass move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)