Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers Worst Nightmare Moment - WWYD??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
So it's like 3 hours later and I'm still shaking about it. Took my DS, 4, to a fall fest that's just overcrowded itself the last few years (it was a mobhouse). Single mom so I was worried about losing him. They had a whole row of bounce houses and he went in one, pleased as punch, that had a bunch of younger kids.

This older kid (11-12) came in and immediately started doing acrobatics (front somersaults, etc). His mom started yelling at him to watch the kids and I started calling for my son to come out before he got hurt. Well my kiddo looks at me BC I was calling his name, and with that the big kid did a front tuck and double kicked him in the head and my kiddo went out cold. Like eyes closed, kids jumping all around him and he's just limp. I did this double take like - omg he broke his neck. No that can't have just happened, omg he's not getting up. Run to the opening and tell the attendant (who was playing on his phone instead of paying attention) who turned and looked and started screaming for everyone to get out of the bounce house and stop jumping so we could go get him. The whole time I'm yelling my son's name and he's just not responding or moving. Finally as I'm about to climb in he sat up and started crying that he hurt his leg.

The attendant didn't even offer us help (probably afraid he'd get in trouble. The other kid's mom offered to help carry my stuff to the car so I could carry him (he was complaining that he hurt his knee). I'm so relieved he's ok but so angry that no one was watching this big kid and there were even younger kids (like 2!) in there that could've been seriously hurt. I want to call the owners and rant but I mean he's ok...WWYD??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

obviously the boy wasn't watching the bounce house like he was probably suppose to be so yeah i'd call the owners and let them know.

notuseless
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM
Call and report the worker. I am so glad your son is ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM
I'd report the worker for not paying attention. I'm glad your son is okay.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:19 PM

It sounds like the kid's mother was watching him, since she called him out on his acrobatics. Bounce houses are dangerous. My three year old collided with another three year old at the bounce place this morning, tears, some blood, etc. Such is life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Thank you! The doctor says he got a concussion which is what made him black out. But omg - as I'm watching and running all I kept thinking was - if he broke his neck every bounce after that is going to cause more damage - and none of the kids stopped. It was awful - like it happened in slow motion, and it felt like the kids were bouncing him around forever before I was able to "push" the parents out of the way to get around to the front (like get through the crowd BC it was just SO packed!)

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd report the worker for not paying attention. I'm glad your son is okay.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:22 PM

I would get my child medical attention if he was unconscious at any point. 

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:22 PM
Either I'm having deja vu or this exact story has been posted before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM
She absolutely was - and like I said she was apologetic and nice and tried to help me. I'm just frustrated that the attendant wasn't watching (they had like 8 bounce houses and slides and other attendants were on point - timing the kids before going down the slides and limiting bad behavior or warning the kids that they'd be kicked out if they were rough).

Quoting B1Bomber:

It sounds like the kid's mother was watching him, since she called him out on his acrobatics. Bounce houses are dangerous. My three year old collided with another three year old at the bounce place this morning, tears, some blood, etc. Such is life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:24 PM

Mobile Photo

I don't know - this was today

Quoting LeftieX: Either I'm having deja vu or this exact story has been posted before.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:25 PM
I'm sure it has. My ex sprained an ankle once in a bounce house.

Quoting LeftieX: Either I'm having deja vu or this exact story has been posted before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)