Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel nightmare

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
We had a trip to Moscow planned. When we got to the airport yesterday, our tickets were totally messed up. At some point, there's been a schedule change rerouting us from going Denver to JFK to Moscow to going Denver to LAX to Moscow. No big deal, the flights ended up being the same time wise.

So we went to check in yesterday, and we couldn't. Travelocity had made the reservation change to go to LAX to Moscow, but they never updated the tickets. The tickets still said Denver to JFK to Moscow.

Neither Travelocity nor aeroflot would take responsibility. We stayed at the airport all day yesterday. We were on the phone with Travelocity for at least 5 hours, my friends and Russia were on the phone with aeroflot for probably about as long. Travelocity was on the phone with aeroflot for a couple of hours, and Delta was talking to both Travelocity and aeroflot for us.

This was never resolved. I should be in Moscow right now. But instead, I'm sitting in Denver still.

We've asked for our money back from travelocity, who tell us they may not be able to give it back, although none of this was our fault. And that won't cover all the time and money spent planning and preparing, buying visas, passport photos, etc.

What would you do in my situation?
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
This is why I book directly with the airline. I hope you get it resolved soon.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Bump for travelers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Cry?
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Lesson learned.

But I've been using Travelocity for at least the past 8 years and have never had a problem. I can't believe that they've gone downhill and their customer service department like this.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is why I book directly with the airline. I hope you get it resolved soon.
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:43 PM
I don't see how this could have happened. My flights have changed more than I wish they did and I've never had an issue. When I get my tickets at the counter they've always been the correct route.

But if you bought a Ticket for a given route they should honor it and get you to those cities.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Done and done.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Cry?
MrsDukati
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:44 PM
I don't travel, but I'd raise all holy hell. Blow them up all over social media, and anywhere else you can.
Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:45 PM
That's what we thought. But Someone only did half their job. We don't know if it was Travelocity or Aeroflot, but someone screwed up and we paid the price.

Quoting smorgan865: I don't see how this could have happened. My flights have changed more than I wish they did and I've never had an issue. When I get my tickets at the counter they've always been the correct route.

But if you bought a Ticket for a given route they should honor it and get you to those cities.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd start with the Bureau of Consumer Protection with FTC.GOV.

Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting to see what solution they offer to us. Then yes, the social media strikes will begin.

Quoting MrsDukati: I don't travel, but I'd raise all holy hell. Blow them up all over social media, and anywhere else you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)