Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously don't need this right now

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:45 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

Most of you guys know that we were temporairily displaced because of the hurricane. We are in a new home and all back together. Life is swimming along rather nice except I'm positive I have bronchitis. Well while we were displaced I turned another year older but wasn't able to celebrate because people actually saw my house floating down the road on the local news. Today my blessed mother came to see our new home and while she was here the 2 boys made plans to attend a lock in. My mom decided to insist on keeping our princess overnight. Seriously chick. That has not happened with any of our kids in 21 years. What makes you think that has changed? I just asked told her no and when she kept going on about it I asked if she needed to be evaluated for dementia. Next thing I know she started going on about the holidays and how nice it will be since I was hosting both holidays. This time I just started laughing at her. My dh told her nothing has changed regarding our holidays. They will forever be nuclear family only just like always. Her face turned bright red and that's when my dh just asked her to leave. Thank God he did. Because i was about to lose my mind on her. Bless her little heart. I will never have my brother or SIL in my home.. I can't stand them and I never will

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:51 PM

bump

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:01 PM
5 moms liked this
That didn't make an ounce of sense, sorry.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:03 PM

I'm soory you can't understand. Its basically a vent about my mother trying to change things that will never be changed

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: That didn't make an ounce of sense, sorry.

iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM

How annoying. Sorry.

Sissy-Smurf
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I'm thinking this would probably make sense to someone whose saw your posts before? I don't come on this site much so I haven't kept track - but from what I get from this - and I'm sorry if I have it wrong is that you can't stand your brother and SIL so you won't host the Holidays and your mom wants you to? So, to keep down drama and junk, your hubby asked her to leave.... So, did she end up keeping your daughter? 

ETA: I'm sorry to hear you lost your home and had an uneventful birthday since everything was happening to you at once.. I'd call your mom up, if I were you, and explain to her that there's no way you can host holidays this close to losing literally everything. Remind her (as if she should need reminding) that your lives, as you knew them, was just torn upside down and you are just resettling and are going to need some time.  

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:15 PM

She has never kept any of my children overnight and it will be a cold day in hell before she ever keeps my daughter overnight. As far as the holidays go, we have spent a holiday with extended family and we are not about to start now

Quoting Sissy-Smurf:

I'm thinking this would probably make sense to someone whose saw your posts before? I don't come on this site much so I haven't kept track - but from what I get from this - and I'm sorry if I have it wrong is that you can't stand your brother and SIL so you won't host the Holidays and your mom wants you to? So, to keep down drama and junk, your hubby asked her to leave.... So, did she end up keeping your daughter? ETA: I'm sorry to hear you lost your home and had an uneventful birthday since everything was happening to you at once.. I'd call your mom up, if I were you, and explain to her that there's no way you can host holidays this close to losing literally everything. Remind her (as if she should need reminding) that your lives, as you knew them, was just torn upside down and you are just resettling and are going to need some time.  

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Holy drama! I'm sorry and good luck with all that! Geez.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

the drama will stop by the time we see her in December. Its just frustrating because she actually believed things would have changed because we moved.

Quoting vegaswife2011: Holy drama! I'm sorry and good luck with all that! Geez.

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't spend the holidays with your mom? Will you be OK when your kids grow up and don't spend the holidays with you? What about if your dh dies first and you are left alone on holidays?
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:52 PM

Nope I don't spend the actual holiday with extended family. All of my kids know that they better put their spouses and children first on the holidays. If my dh dies before me I will find something else to do. My life or happiness does not depend on others

Quoting SAHMJC: You don't spend the holidays with your mom? Will you be OK when your kids grow up and don't spend the holidays with you? What about if your dh dies first and you are left alone on holidays?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)