Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is There Something Wrong With My 4 Yo.?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

My 4 year old Dd, almost 5 is the most hyper child I have ever seen.

She also misbehaves.

We punish her appropriately but nothing works on her, spanking, time out's, favorite toy taken away, time away from her cartoon she likes, pretty much everything I can think of, doesn't work.

When her dad and I tell her not to do something, she keeps doing it anyway. (Pushing boundaries or just plain ignoring us.)

But we never tell her more than twice.

She runs around the house like a maniac!!

Bounces off the walls, and yells instead of talks.

Yells no matter what she is saying to you.

As I'm typing this, she's jumping up and down and not listening to a word I'm saying!!

I can punish her but nothing works...I'm calling her Doctor on Monday, but while it's the weekend, I need your help!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:03 PM

I need help!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 PM

Please help me get my 4 year old to listen to me and her dad in public, and at home, what do you all do if you have or had an out of control 4 almost 5 year old

mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 PM
Bump. My daughter is the same way. I hide under a rock and drink wine until bedtime now (totally kidding)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM

She makes me so angry and gets me so frustrated that I get so stressed out,  my chest starts to hurt, I just have to walk away. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM
If you figure it out, let me know. My DD turns 4 in a couple weeks and refuses to listen to us, too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Does she have an outlet for all that energy, like does she get adequate exercise to burn it off? All of my kids tend to talk super loud when they're really excited or hyper. I know when they're hyper like that nothing gets through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM

lol

But seriously, how old is your Dd and when do you do bedtime?

What is the appropriate bedtime for a 4 (almost 5 year old)??

Quoting mama2ameira: Bump. My daughter is the same way. I hide under a rock and drink wine until bedtime now (totally kidding)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM
My parents have a few acres and I just let him loose to run until he tires him out then I take him home. I also got him into soccer, tball, basketball, karate so he does an activity all year round
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM
Is she in school? If she is, how is her behavior there?
Have you talked to the pediatrician about this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM

No, honestly we mostly stay inside and play, I try getting her out more, but it's been raining for the past week!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Does she have an outlet for all that energy, like does she get adequate exercise to burn it off? All of my kids tend to talk super loud when they're really excited or hyper. I know when they're hyper like that nothing gets through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)