Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School candy sales? I'm not selling any candy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 178 Replies

Do you ladies judge me for refusing to peddle this candy, ornaments etc to my new coworkers? They don't even know me like that and I hate sales with a passion. They know darn well it's the parents that will end up selling this shit

Do you sell this candy for your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I will help sell to immediate family but I won't do it at work.  I despise fundraisers.  

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:27 PM
I have never done any of those school fundraisers.

We have to do so much for sports, who's got time for that too?
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Those fundraiser books go right in the garbage.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM

I sell enough popcorn. All other fundraisers go in the trash

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM
I don't think we've ever had a fundraiser here. I wouldn't sell that gross ass candy even if there was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:29 PM

I know my kids books did too, ugh. I hate that. Now they have this thing where it's Christmas ornaments and candy that you're selling.

Quoting Ted1242: Those fundraiser books go right in the garbage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Nope, never! I don't sell shit from the school either. DH's work meets us at 100% up to a certain point for money we give to the school. Every year we write a check for that amount and his work matches it. So I send everything back.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:31 PM
Nope. Not happening. I live a block from the school. Every kid in this neighborhood is peddling that shit. Who would even buy it? Do yourself a favor and recycle it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I know my kids books did too, ugh. I hate that. Now they have this thing where it's Christmas ornaments and candy that you're selling.

Quoting Ted1242: Those fundraiser books go right in the garbage.

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
None of y'all help sell shit for your school? I bet all of y'all put your kids in line for the field trips though. Where do y'all think that money comes from?

ETA lol everyone keeps quoting me but there's more to your child's trip than the entrance fee or the sack lunch you provide.
Sarcastic_name
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:32 PM
Our school does them, it's a new school for us and our first year doing fundraising. We like it! Our family orders online and some people at the husbands job orders stuff. Our school lost their title 1 funding and since they lost that the pto has lost about half of their funding. So the fundraisers are in handy this year
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)