Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child wont eat! It's making me nuts!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Dd is 2.5

She has had a slight cold for the last 3 days. (No fever, just cough and runny nose) today she hasnt eaten anything. Literally. Tonight for dinner i made tacos
She LOVES tacos. Wouldn't eat. Not a single bite. Yet she keeps begging for juice. I tried fixing her some mac n cheese but she refused that as well. Shes got to be hungry and i can tell shes trying to fill up on juice. Bedtime is soon and i know she wont sleep well.

My friend suggests giving her no juice and letting her face the natural consequences of not eating. I dont think thats a good idea. For one, she isnt feeling well, and for two, isnt she too young for that kind of thing?

Do you ladies have any advice? I could sure use some.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:39 PM
Will she drink milk instead of juice?
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you checked her temp? Is she acting lethargic? Is she still playing? Using the bathroom frequent enough?

I wouldn't approach this with a punishment mindset, she may not be feeling well enough to want to eat. I definitely eat less when I feel like crap.
MinnieBooboo17
by LauraBelle on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
When my daughter does that I give her a Pediasure that way she is getting her nutrients at least. Sometimes when you are sick you don't want to eat. I wouldn't punish her like your friend suggests.
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The runny nose may be draining down into her throat and bothering her stomach. It's probably from being sick, so I would give it leeway. Try making a smoothy with fruits and veggies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Aw poor little one!
Water down the juice or give her pedislyte until she's feeling better.
Dardenella
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Maybe her throat is sore and she wants what soothes her throat.

She will be fine just give her juice or frozen pops.

tklrcl2014
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:41 PM

Try some soup, tacos and stuff aren't good for a baby with a cold.  And yes, at 2.5 she is still a baby (To me) If you don't have soup on hand, try popsicles for her throat and yogurt, it'll fill her up and help her throat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Ds to this day does this when he gets ready to grow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:42 PM
When I'm sick I don't want to eat, it's pretty normal. But try some broth maybe with crackers to nibble nothing to heavy. Check to make sure she's still peeing and if she is give her a day to feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:42 PM
Just don't give her more than 4oz of juice. Tell her it's all gone. Offer water instead. Let her eat crackers or something else really plain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)