Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Er or wait for Dr visit? TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I've been sick for a few days now. Started with a cough. Wet and coughing up small blobs of mucus. This turned into coughing up thick globs of green with brown spots. I have chest and back pain (same level through) on right side when breathing in deep. I've had a constant headache for 4 days now along with all over bone pain. I started a weird rash on my arms and chest with pin hole type bleeds. My eyes are blood shot and now lymph nodes swollen on both sides of neck. Veins appeared on my face and eye lids are brown and puffy. I'm also having diarrhea (yellow and just water...).

Dh wants me to go to the er. I went last night but it was a 6 hour wait so I came back home. He is pissed. I just had my baby 12 days ago as well. I went home because dh had to go to work today and no one to watch baby plus our 7 year old.

Would you wait for Monday (my Dr has same day appointments) or would you go back at er and wait? He has tmr off.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
ER NOW WOMAN!!!!! Tell them you can't breathe you'll get bumped to the front.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM
ER definitely
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Bump... I have some pictures if someone wants to see? They are nasty though so I sparing eyes for the moment. ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Shit woman, do you have Ebola? Go back to the ER and wait.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
We have an urgent care that's open during the day on weekends so I would probably do that in the morning but if you don't have one, I would go to the ER.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM
I told them I couldn't. They took vitals and said blood pressure and temp was a bit low but nothing alarming and pulse was fine. The guy I was sitting next to was bleeding out of his face and they were even making him wait.

Quoting Anonymous 2: ER NOW WOMAN!!!!! Tell them you can't breathe you'll get bumped to the front.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:11 PM
I dont think so, I live in Canada and haven't heard of any Ebola cases recently.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Shit woman, do you have Ebola? Go back to the ER and wait.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:12 PM
I'm thinking I should just go to a walk in clinic tmr. I know my family doc might be pissed but idk how much longer I can last feeling like this.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: We have an urgent care that's open during the day on weekends so I would probably do that in the morning but if you don't have one, I would go to the ER.
Nicole_2007
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You have a brand new baby get to the ER now to make sure you cant give that poor baby anything
Shadowgirl113
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Chest pain = front of the line.

You may have pneumonia or something else, but either way it sounds like you need iv antibiotics... not an rx
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)