Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yea i complained to your manager

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM
  • 60 Replies
Took DD to the mall today to get some new shoes. On the way out we decide to have lunch at ihop. Worst service I've ever had.

We sat for 7 minutes before anyone came by our table. And it wasn't even our server but another one passing through her section. Just as server B arrives with our drinks server A shows up. No hello, no how are you, no common niceties at all. Just, "you ready to order"

I give her my oder. Crepes for me, kids mac n cheese for DD. 35 minutes later still no food. Our server hasnt been by our table once since she took our food order. Who doesn't check on a table for 35 minutes??

The other server from earlier walks by, "oh wow you still havent got your food, let me go check on that for you" she comes back, has my food but no food for DD. On cue the server who is supposed to be taking care of our table pops up. "Uh we out of mac n cheese" i tell her fine. Me and dd will share (my food is cold btw)

She immediately places my check on the table and walks off. Didnt see her again. I complained to the manager and called corporate.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done the same. That's not acceptable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM
Was it busy?
Yeah that's shitty service for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Our IHOP has had four new managers in two years. They all tolerate this.  I hate IHOP now.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I would complain as well...  Be prepared for the "give her a break she was having a bad day" bullshit replies...

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I would have yelled across the restaurant to catch her attention. LOL

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I would have demanded that the manager comp our meal and I wouldn't have left the server a tip.

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:31 PM
No it was 130 in the afternoon. There were a total of mabe 5 tables. I mean its IHOP I dont expect 5 star black tie service but this was just awful.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Was it busy? Yeah that's shitty service for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Unacceptable service. I would've complained too but not before asking them to remove all the food from my check. Since I did drink the beverages I would pay for those. I wouldn't have eaten cold food.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:32 PM

i don't blame you one bit. that is crappy service. last night dh and i went out to eat with our ds's and our waiter made some remarks that were highly inappropriate. dh and i told the manager that we would not be back. 

caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:32 PM
She wasnt anywhere that i could see.

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

I would have yelled across the restaurant to catch her attention. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)