Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Filing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
An appeal for disability. How long does this typically take? What do they typically wait on?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:03 AM
No clue
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:03 AM

it took my uncle 20 years to get anything.

it took my mom a couple months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:07 AM
Holy shit. Do you know what took your uncle so long?? Did he get all of his back pay at once? Was it an appeal that took so long or just him constantly reapplying?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM

he got it all at once and i think he just kept applying and then finally had to get a lawyer to figure out why he wasnt getting anything.

he was in a car accident when he was a teen, the car rolled over his head and he lost an eye and had his entire head reconstructed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Holy shit. Do you know what took your uncle so long?? Did he get all of his back pay at once? Was it an appeal that took so long or just him constantly reapplying?
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Holyyyyyyy shit. I have officially lost all hope. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 3:

he got it all at once and i think he just kept applying and then finally had to get a lawyer to figure out why he wasnt getting anything.

he was in a car accident when he was a teen, the car rolled over his head and he lost an eye and had his entire head reconstructed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Holy shit. Do you know what took your uncle so long?? Did he get all of his back pay at once? Was it an appeal that took so long or just him constantly reapplying?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM

lol dont. my uncle was in and out of prison a lot when he was younger so that might be why he wasnt getting anything.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Holyyyyyyy shit. I have officially lost all hope. Lol
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:18 AM
As in SSD? It can take a long time, but keep trying. Always file an appeal. The first shot almost always gets denied. The first appeal goes back to the same panel that does the first denials. The second appeal goes to an administrative law judge and they can do just about anything. That's when most people who really meet criteria are approved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Bump
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:27 AM

are you the same person who asked about bankruptcy.  It sounds like you need a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)