• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
7 year old boy
Didn't talk till 2 1/2
Doesn't seem to display empathy
Sometimes gets a vacant expression on his face while being talked to
Avoids eye contact often
Aggressive (mostly toward parent- hitting, kicking, biting)
Dresses himself strangely and often puts on underwear, pants, shirts backwards
Often has shoes on wrong feet
Prefers to play alone than with others
Wants things his way all the time
Diagnosed with ADHD and ODD
Not potty trained until almost 5, no accidents at night by 5 then started bed wetting a year later.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:37 AM
Bump
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM
I'd think he's just like my son minus the hitting and biting. What am I supposed to think?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM

I'd want to have him evaluated to see if he were on the Autism spectrum. From my understanding ADHD and ODD shouldn't cause most of the things you mentioned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:40 AM
I would wonder what his home life was like. Does he have a stable home of mom and dad.

I had a kid that didn't talk until almost 4. Not a big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:43 AM
His dr said the same thing about there being more than just the ADHD and ODD. His babysitter (she's an ECE with training with children with disabilities) recently mentioned she thinks he might be on the spectrum.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'd want to have him evaluated to see if he were on the Autism spectrum. From my understanding ADHD and ODD shouldn't cause most of the things you mentioned.

Eva.Destruction
by Sofakingreal on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:43 AM
I dunno, the lack of empathy jumped out at me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:46 AM
Single mom no dad and he's been like this for years. The talking thing by itself isn't concerning but added to other things can point to problems.
Quoting Anonymous 4: I would wonder what his home life was like. Does he have a stable home of mom and dad.

I had a kid that didn't talk until almost 4. Not a big deal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:47 AM

I have a friend who has twins, both are diagnosed ODD, ADHD and are Autistic. One of them is much higher functioning and it took a lot longer to get her Autism diagnosis.... every case is different. Good luck getting to the bottom of this! 

Quoting Anonymous 1: His dr said the same thing about there being more than just the ADHD and ODD. His babysitter (she's an ECE with training with children with disabilities) recently mentioned she thinks he might be on the spectrum.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

agirlyouknow2.0
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:48 AM
It's hard to say since he's a kid. I would think he could be placed on the autism spectrum for now. Sounds like he may be diagnosed with some kind of personality disorder when he's older.
paTrollDog
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:48 AM
Serial killer tendencies, if ya ask me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)