Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did (Do) Your Grandparents Have A Special Name For You?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

My mother's grandmother used to call her Jo as in short for Joyce.  My grandmother only called me by my first name, but for as long as I can remember I was always my grandfather's 'Little Angel'.  Even now that he is 96 and I am 51, when I walked in and woke him up this afternoon he said, "Hey, how is my Little Angel today?"  

I know that I don't have too many years left with him.  He apologizes every time that I go and see him at the VA that he is not much company because he can't hear well even with hearing aids and he can't see.  I just tell him not to worry.  We spent most of my life living many states apart and now that he is near, I want to just be able to look at him, even if he is sleeping.

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:47 AM
My Grandpa Ben used to call me Squeaky. I was the only one of 9 grandkids with a nickname from him so I was convinced I was the favorite!

He died in 1979 when I was 17. I miss him still.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM
My grandpa Howard always pulled on my pigtail and asked if I'd been a pretty good Irishman. He did it with all the granddaughters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:31 AM
My Grandpa used to call me Lucy. My name is Johanna.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:34 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:35 AM
Aaawwwww 😊
Eva.Destruction
by Sofakingreal on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:37 AM
Kijinga (stupid) gal

....my grandpa's fav
LadyGigi
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:37 AM

My grandfather always called me "tough nut", my grandmother called me "Angel" sometimes. My maternal grandparents passed away before I was born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:42 AM
Paternal grandparents had a lot of names for me, not pretty or nice ones tough.

Maternal ones, my grandma used to call me Cherry because I was born crying at the top of my lungs, I was red like a cherry. My grandpa used to call me Baby Lou because my mother is Lousille and I am Lousille too. Mom was Big Lou and I was Baby Lou.
tearbear8081
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:55 AM
Whenever I walked into the farmhouse, I would say Howdy Old Man! My Grandpa would always says How ya doin Young Sprout? He always called me Young Sprout or Girlie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)