• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who are atheists/agnostic...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
What cultural norms would you like to see go? Like marriage? Or wearing clothing in public? Sex in public being a crime? You know, stuff that was built out of religious societies.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by squeekers on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this
What?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:11 AM
Atheism isn't a religion so...
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
None of them. I am happy that I live in a place where religion is freely pursued. What you want to do or believe is completely up to you, not me. I do not believe in any God from any religion. But I won't try to force you to not believe in your God(s) or stop practicing your religion.
iwilliams76
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:14 AM

This

Quoting Ashgambit: None of them. I am happy that I live in a place where religion is freely pursued. What you want to do or believe is completely up to you, not me. I do not believe in any God from any religion. But I won't try to force you to not believe in your God(s) or stop practicing your religion.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:15 AM

I would like to see marriage go. I don't want to walk around town and see people running around naked or having sex in public. It has nothing to do with religion. It is about decency and respect. Do it in the privacy of your own home. I would like to see the stigma attached to single mothers go away. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Marriage and clothing were around long before any current religions. Sex in public actually isn't a crime in most areas, indecent exposure is, not the actual sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I think youi'll find that religion had nothing to to with the existence of marriage. Marriage is practiced all over the world and in nearly every culture. The origins are economic and not religious. Wearing clothes has more to do with the climate in which you live and has evolved with fashion (and fashion has been around for a very, very long time). As for not having sex in public ... 

WoodenMittens
by Zorak on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:19 AM
My reaction exactly

Quoting squeekers: What?
Sekirei
by Nari on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:22 AM

Marriage isn't religious.

It was a contract, a bill of sale.

Clothing in public is not religious. Native Americans are religious and many tribes wore very little.

Sex in public has to do with decency, not religion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM

every culture has always had some sort of religion, until now.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Marriage and clothing were around long before any current religions. Sex in public actually isn't a crime in most areas, indecent exposure is, not the actual sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)