Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No school on election day?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
We are in a new state this school year here my kids don't have school on election day this is new to us how about you guys?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:01 AM

We have never had school on election day here. The polls are in the school gyms. 

MolsRN
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:01 AM
It's always been that way where I am at. Reason being many of the schools are used as polling places
smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:02 AM
I think Election Day should be a federal holiday, but it's not. Around here there is work and school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Not here, school will be in session. I'm glad too, because I'd rather go vote without dragging all my kiddos with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:05 AM
where I'm from they're also have the polling places at schools but we don't get the day off

Quoting MissAndree:

We have never had school on election day here. The polls are in the school gyms. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:06 AM
I just realized that there won't be school on the day of the election now we will be bringing our children with us

Quoting Anonymous 2: Not here, school will be in session. I'm glad too, because I'd rather go vote without dragging all my kiddos with me.
Austinsmom35
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:08 AM
School has always been out here. Some precincts use the schools for voting.
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:12 AM

No school election day

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM

Our county is out of school as most of the schools are polling places. Our polling place is the elementary school behind our house. Our girls will go with us to vote as usual as part of their school lesson for the day ( we homeschool). 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Growing up,we only had that during presidential elections. Polling was in the gym but on other years,the number of people showing up was low.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)