Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let a trick or treater and their parent in your home to use the restroom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 268 Replies
This happened to me last year. A kid came to the door to TOT (probably 4 or 5 years old) but then her dad asked if they could come in to use my restroom. I said that she could come in I didn't feel comfortable letting him in. I understood when he said he wasn't comfortable letting his daughter in a stranger's house by herself. So I said I'm sorry you'll just have to go home to use the restroom or ask a neighbor you know. He said that he doesn't live in this neighborhood which honestly is kind of annoying, trick or treat in your own neighborhood and you won't have this problem. He said that he doesn't understand why they don't have port a potties out for people who don't live in the neighborhood. I said my guess is because somebody would have to pay for those porta-potties and while we don't forbid people from coming from other neighborhoods we're not going to spend extra money in order to allow people to comfortably come from other neighborhoods. He started whining that his daughter really had to go to bathroom could they please just come in, he's not going to do anything. I told him that again I'm not comfortable with it, if she has to go so bad she can come in without him. One of us is going to have to trust the other or this isn't going to work and since it's my home this is the condition I'm allowing her to use my restroom. He grabbed his daughter and walked away in a huff and I heard him mutter "bitch" under his breath. About another minute later I got another knock on the door and here he was behind a bunch of trick or treaters yelling at me that he hopes I'm happy, I have ruined his daughters Halloween she "shit" her pants and now they have to go home. All becausr I'm such a selfish b**** that I wouldn't let her use my restroom. I told him to leave or I'm calling the police. He did after flipping me off in front of a dozen kids.

Would you let a stranger come into your home to use the restroom on halloween?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:34 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course I would.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure I've read this word for word before...

No, I wouldn't let a strange man in my house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM
3 moms liked this
You posted this last year. I have and I would again. Sometimes little ones gotta pee.
K3412
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM
No, I wouldn't. That seems like a huge safety risk. They very well could be perfectly innoncent, but they could also be out to harm you or rob you.

And I swear I've read this story word for word before.
PureLoveNJoy
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Hubby is here so no fear.
Northern.Maple
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom has a sign that says need to pee or need some water just ask. She lets them in and in all the years she has done it (past 30) she has never had any problems come of it.

I don't hand out since I am out with my kids, but yeah i would!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know if it was verbatim but I'm sure I've read this general scenario around every Halloween since I've been on cafemom.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I'm pretty sure I've read this word for word before...

No, I wouldn't let a strange man in my house.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:50 AM
I would. It actually wouldn't bother me at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)