• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone else's Dr told them their baby doesn't eat enough?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I took baby girl to the Dr and he said she's not eating and enough formula. She eats 2-4oz in demand. There's no schedule or routine, she just eats when she's hungry. The most she will eat is 4oz

She will be 5 months Nov. 7th. She's 12lbs 5oz and 25" long. He said she's perfect and everything looked good, but she wasn't eating enough.

Has anyone's Dr told them to feed their baby more?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:40 AM

No, I breastfeed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:40 AM
Yes. But not at that age. At that age, mine were breastfed.

About how many ounces does she average a day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Babies...no. But I hear that about my now 12yo everytime we go to the drs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:44 AM
Maybe 40 or so... She was eating rice cereal, but I stopped feeding it to get cuz it was upsetting her tummy..

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. But not at that age. At that age, mine were breastfed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:44 AM
What baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:46 AM
I did too at first. My pump got thrown away and by the time I got a new one, my milk was gone and i had to switch to formula.

Quoting Raeann11:

No, I breastfeed.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM

40ozs is more than an avg. baby should be taking in, in a day so there is no way she is undereating if she truly is having 40ozs a day. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Maybe 40 or so... She was eating rice cereal, but I stopped feeding it to get cuz it was upsetting her tummy..
Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. But not at that age. At that age, mine were breastfed. About how many ounces does she average a day?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:48 AM
That's PLENTY! Total amount is more important how much in one sitting.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Maybe 40 or so... She was eating rice cereal, but I stopped feeding it to get cuz it was upsetting her tummy..

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. But not at that age. At that age, mine were breastfed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:52 AM
She eats small amounts frequently through out the day.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

40ozs is more than an avg. baby should be taking in, in a day so there is no way she is undereating if she truly is having 40ozs a day. 

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Then she is eating more than enough.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She eats small amounts frequently through out the day.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. But not at that age. At that age, mine were breastfed. About how many ounces does she average a day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)