• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meet my newest foster babies! *pics*

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:54 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I volunteer for my local animal shelter and humane society, and also foster.  Our animal control officer called me last week and asked if I could foster a couple of pups.  They are around 6-8 weeks old, our ACO took them and the mama dog from a very irresponsible owner who was not caring for them.  They were all covered with fleas and full of worms.  I named the first 2 pups Sarah and Winnie from Hocus Pocus.  Then on Monday the ACO contacts me again, says she found another pup from the same litter.  Actually a neighbor of irresponsible owner found this pup in a ditch/creek and had been caring for her for about a week.  She was in worst shape then the first 2, much smaller and very lethargic.  She is starting to do better but she is just tiny compared to the other 2 pups, I have to keep her separated b/c her sisters play too rough.  Her name is Dani.  

Winnie on the first day I got her, she looks to have a lot of Australian Cattle dog mix.  Winnie is now the most rowdy of the 3 but they are all very calm and quiet for young pups.

Sarah, she's the biggest of the 3, she's very sweet and friendly.

Tiny little Dani, she's like a newborn, she loves being held, she will lay on your shoulder and nibble your ear!

Hard to believe they are all sisters since they look nothing alike, but pups from the same litter can have different father's b/c mama dog ovulates more than one egg and stays in heat for a few days.

Please, please, please, spay/neuter your pets and don't get a pet if you can't properly care for them, they are expensive and a lot of work!  These babies are lucky, not all of them are.  Parasites are dangerous for puppies, they can become anemic and can die from them.  If you have time to help your local shelter, humane society or rescue, there are so many things you can do!  Even just going by sometimes to walk the dog and play with the cats.  I take pics at my shelter and upload to Petfinder and FB.  You can foster, this is really a big help.  Donations like money, toys, towels, food, newspapers, puppy pads, etc. are greatly appreciated too.

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg too cute
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
What are requirements to foster? Like do I need to own my house or can I rent a house? What about an apartment with a yard vs without a yard?

What are you responsible for, financially? As the foster, is medical from your pocket or the shelters? I'm guessing food is from your pocket lol

How long do you typically foster for?
sassysuie
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
So cute omg! Thankful for people like you that give these babies a chance!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww!! Bless your heart! I'm so happy these poor pups have you!

^^^ I mean that in a non southern snarky way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

awwww. love :)

you are a saint!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm fostering what was a tiny fluffy dog... he's huge now!!!

I have two foster fails :( my mom adopted a kitten and DH fell in love with the blue eyed mix (found out she's not full husky she's a mix of three dog breeds, her dad was a wolfdog husky mix and mama was German shepherd)

ATM we have a Great Dane foster and god do they play rough >.<
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for doing this. You are the best kind of person :)

They are precious.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Aw cute
Baker420
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Lmao:) not the bless your heart you're really a dumbass, but the real bless your heart like how sweet...

Quoting Danesmommy1: Awww!! Bless your heart! I'm so happy these poor pups have you!

^^^ I mean that in a non southern snarky way.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Adorable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)