Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asking daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
If my kids can take the summer off.

DD6 and DD7 are in aftercare there. I wont need care if school is out.

DD1 turns 2 in August.

I am thinking of asking if I can pay half of the infant care rate. They have a waitlist for infants so they can take an infant and get half of the rate for my baby all summer.

When she returns in the fall she will no longer be an infant

as a daycare provider would you accept this deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM

NO.  Reason because what IF I don't get another child to fill the slot. Also once I do it for you then everyone will start wanting it.

I know both my nieces had this scenario. They ended up paying and not sending the child every day. Some days the little one went part of the day while they did something with the older one. Other days little one didn't go at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:53 AM
they have a waitlist

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

NO.  Reason because what IF I don't get another child to fill the slot. Also once I do it for you then everyone will start wanting it.

I know both my nieces had this scenario. They ended up paying and not sending the child every day. Some days the little one went part of the day while they did something with the older one. Other days little one didn't go at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM
You MIGHT get an in home place to do that, but I highly doubt it and forget a center, wait list or not.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM

You can always ask. It totally depends on how flexible they can be with bending their policies. Mine would not allow it despite having a two-year waitlist. I can take my kids out all I want but it's full payment or I'm out.

Northern.Maple
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM

They do it here. Kids who have been there before always get first spots, we take summers off and return afterwards in the fall and have for 14 yrs. Never had to pay to hold the spots either!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Is this a center?
My daughter attended an inhome, I didn't have to pay for the summer when I was off and my spot was held. I know centers in my area want you to pay at least 1/2 of the weekly rates to keep the spot.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

No... I am limited to 4 babies under 2 @ anytime by state regulations. If a spot is empty, I will fill it with the first parent willing to pay me full fee. THIS is my ONLY income, not some side gig to keep me busy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:02 PM
she wont be two when she returns

Quoting Anonymous 4:

No... I am limited to 4 babies under 2 @ anytime by state regulations. If a spot is empty, I will fill it with the first parent willing to pay me full fee. THIS is my ONLY income, not some side gig to keep me busy

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:29 PM
But wouldn't most want care for more than the summer ?

Quoting Anonymous 1: they have a waitlist

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)