Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not his friend anymore.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

That is what my 8 year old DS told me last night, after I grounded him for a week.  He has not turned in homework at school for the last two weeks, even though it was all done (I check it every night). He also failed a major test in history.

He was supposed to go camping this weekend, now he will be sitting at home. No electronics of any kind, he can read but it will be either a school book, or to help with a school assignment.

It was too funny, he literally stomped his foot and yelled, "You're not my friend anymore".

I bent down and looked him square in the eye, and replied "You're right I am not your friend, I am your mother. You don't have to like what I say, but you do have to do it; and don't even think about stomping that foot again, now go to your room."

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mpm03
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM
HaHa! I love this!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Now he knows.
mama_ejd
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM

I need to start doing this.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM
What's the point of doing his homework if he's not going to turn it in?

My Dd is funny about her homework. If her teacher doesn't ask for it first thing in the morning, she'll raise her hand and ask the teacher if she's going to collect it, which makes most of the class groan...lol. She gets a kick out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM

He claims he forgot, but there is no way. The teacher has a box on her desk and they are supposed to put it in the box every morning. 

I know he is doing it, and he is not bringing it back home, but he is unable or unwilling to tell me what he is doing with it once he gets to school.

Quoting KendallsMommee: What's the point of doing his homework if he's not going to turn it in? My Dd is funny about her homework. If her teacher doesn't ask for it first thing in the morning, she'll raise her hand and ask the teacher if she's going to collect it, which makes most of the class groan...lol. She gets a kick out of it.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:09 AM
Hmmm...odd.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He claims he forgot, but there is no way. The teacher has a box on her desk and they are supposed to put it in the box every morning. 

I know he is doing it, and he is not bringing it back home, but he is unable or unwilling to tell me what he is doing with it once he gets to school.

Quoting KendallsMommee: What's the point of doing his homework if he's not going to turn it in?

My Dd is funny about her homework. If her teacher doesn't ask for it first thing in the morning, she'll raise her hand and ask the teacher if she's going to collect it, which makes most of the class groan...lol. She gets a kick out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Your 8 year old has "big tests"?

blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Lol! Hopefully he'll remember from now on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM

LOL!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:21 PM
How is it he went 2 weeks without turning in homework and you just found out? If my daughter missed one day her teacher either tells me at pick up or sends a note home. And if you are checking his homework, I would assume you're checking his folder and would see a pile up of 2 weeks worth of homework. I check my kids folders and homework daily. All of them ages 17, 13, 6.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)