Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession: Being the youngest on Halloween sucks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
My son was asking me about Halloween when I was a kid and I realized how much it sucked lol.

My brother is 7 years older than me and my sister is 5 years older so I don't remember very many halloweens where we had fun trick or treating with each other. Once I was about 6 my brother and sister were over the whole thing and I would go out with just my dad which was boring. Then when we got home my siblings would tell me to pour out my pillow case full of candy and steal about half of it. I never told on them or cried about it until my mom would discover half my candy missing and take the other half thinking I binged on it. This literally happened every Halloween until I stopped trick or treating, I don't think my mom was very attentive to wtf was going on at Halloween time. Those bastards owe me some damn candy!

Ah memories.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Go buy yourself a huge bag of candy and binge on it
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I should! Then I'll send them the bill lol

Quoting Stevensmomma: Go buy yourself a huge bag of candy and binge on it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
So you were a doormat of a child, I hope you've grown a backbone since.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:58 AM
lol aww that would suck. I have very fond memories of trick or treating with my niece anf nephew when we were kids. My sisters are 19, 24 & 25 years older than me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Well I don't let them steal my candy anymore so I guess I did lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: So you were a doormat of a child, I hope you've grown a backbone since.
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to tell me brother that I would pay him a quarter to do whatever mom had asked me and I didn't want to.

I never gave him the quarter.

For his wedding- we gave him $1,000 in quarters. It was the best gift ever......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom didn't even let me. Because God.

Ugh. I missed out on sooooo much because of "God".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! My siblings used to give me their stuff to do what they didn't want to do. As I got older I would trade their own stuff back to them to get them to do stuff. We had one of the original game boys get passed around a lot and my sister and I would pass a titanic poster back and forth lol I still have the game boy and it works as well as it did brand new 😁

Quoting happymommy1105: I used to tell me brother that I would pay him a quarter to do whatever mom had asked me and I didn't want to.

I never gave him the quarter.

For his wedding- we gave him $1,000 in quarters. It was the best gift ever......
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM
That really sucks! My dh went through the same thing when he was younger only they had a church event where they got carrot sticks and apples lol poor guy!

Quoting Anonymous 3: My mom didn't even let me. Because God.

Ugh. I missed out on sooooo much because of "God".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)