• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need tablet recomendations

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM
  • 8 Replies
I just broke DS''s tablet. He needs a new one, plus a good sturdy case. He broke the last case, he dropped it too many times

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:05 AM

If you just broke the glass, that can be replaced easily enough.  Otterbox makes good sturdy cases. 

tsatske2
by Latricia on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:07 AM

I really love my kindle Fire. I have two of them. I hav Kindle Free time cases on them. I have an otter box on my phone. Both are very sturdy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM

I have an iPad and Kindle Fire. I love both! 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM
I'd like to recommend the Kindle, and their kid friendly content, but we had a few issues with the storage. When you download too many items, or have too many pictures or videos, the WiFi cuts out! Ridiculous. Most devices just won't let you download anymore.

I like it for the kids other than that issue.

I guess it depends on what he uses it for? My kids mainly watch videos and play games now and then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:12 AM

My kids have a Google Nexus and an Nvidia Shield.  They use them for surfing the internet, watching videos, playing games, and reading.  We've had both for a few years now and no complaints.  

momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Kurio.  Love ours.  They cannot do anything without me approving it.  On a different one my younger one keeps deleting apps & getting upset about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:17 AM

We all have different versions of the Fire.   The kids have the HD6.  My husband has the HDX, and I have the new HD8.  We all like them.  I've used them all, and my favorite is the new HD8.  I mainly use mine for reading, though, so you may have a different preference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:22 AM
My ds has an iPad. We haven't had any issues with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)