Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I have pneumonia and started antibiotics on Monday. While I have gotten a lot better, I still have a fever occasionally. I take it every few hours and sometimes it's normal but other times it's 100. Urgent care told me to follow up with my primary dr since my vital signs were so bad on Monday when I went. My pcp was busy but I saw someone else at her office. He said I'm fine, my chest sounds fine (still feels tight to me and coughing up gunk still), seems surprised it was pneumonia (and proven by x ray). Mumbled how he hated urgent care drs. This dr says I'm free to go back to work whenever. I stayed home today since my original dr note included today. But I thought a fever meant I was still contagious. I've had a fever for 7 days now, at least for parts of the day. Seems like a long time.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM

You don't screw around with pneumonia.  You should rest and take it easy.  If you can stay home, you absolutely should.  Pneumonia takes a couple of weeks at minumium to recover from, however if you push yourself it will just prolong your recovery and you run the real risk of developing complications.  Expect to be coughing up gunk for weeks after you recover.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You don't screw around with pneumonia.  You should rest and take it easy.  If you can stay home, you absolutely should.  Pneumonia takes a couple of weeks at minumium to recover from, however if you push yourself it will just prolong your recovery and you run the real risk of developing complications.  Expect to be coughing up gunk for weeks after you recover.

Without a dr's note I have to return to work:/ I'm hoping not to do much though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)