Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to call CPS on MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
MIL has a farm and she takes great care of her animals. She has a 13 yo son, 10 yo daughter and a 6 yo son.

Sometimes is like she cares more about the animals thab she does for her kids. She yells at them if they don't want to go do something with the animals, won't buy them necessary things in order to buy stuff for the animals. If an animal has fleas she goes all crazy and does everything to solve the problem but when her 10yo got lices she just yelled at her and did nothing, she passed the lice to her brothers and they had them for about 3 months until we went to visit and took care of the problem.

The list goes on and on, usually the kids are not with her most of the time because of this. They stay with us a few days and then start to stay in relative houses for a while here and there before ending up back at the farm.

But now I just can't let it pass.

I went this morning and the 6yo was crying meanwhile his siblings were wrapping his arm between two sticks. I asked what happened and they said his arm was broken and had been since 5AM, it was 10AM when I went.

I took them to the clinic and they put a cast on his arm. They said he fell down.

On the way back they told me that MIL woke them up to gi help and 6yo was in a bad mood. He was sent to milk one of the cows and he was too rough, the cow began to chase him and he had to climb the fence but his foot got caught in it and he fell and broke his arm.

MIL told him he deserved it and that she wouldn't be taking him nowhere and that they all would get in trouble if they tried to take him.

I am livid but DH says to not call, that he will speak with his mother and see if maybe she will accept that the kids stay with us from now on, our oldest recently moved out so we have an empty room wherr the boys can sleep and the girl can go with one of my daughters.

I still want to call though.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jsjammerz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call them and the police for neglect. That's so sad!
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I would call. I'm a mandated reporter, but even if I wasn't, I would still call.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM
I would tell her to sign the kids over or you're going to the police.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM

You still need to call in order to get temporary guadianship, otherwise you won't be able to take them to a doctor, communicate with their school, etc. and she could just come and take them at any time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:48 AM

I'd call even though DH will know you did. Whatever. She can't handle kids. 

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:50 AM
That's disgusting. Please call. Was she bad to your husband as a child?
sweetgrlangel
by Nikki on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:51 AM
I would made a Anonymous phone call
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:52 AM
I'd call. Fuck that bitch. She needs to be charged.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM
Call immediately. I wouldn't even tell DH I called.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM
Call.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)