Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kidney Pain?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I've been having what I *think* is kidney pain off and on? More on than off the last few days, I will probably go to the doc next week.

I drink way too much soda and not enough water so I am trying to drink more water and I am going to get some cranberry concentrate supplements, I think it could help.

It hurts my lower back on the right side and sometimes the front too.

Oh I also have an umbilical hernia so that could be contributing to the pains since my insides are not in the exact right places kwim.

Has anyone had kidney pains/problems? What was the treatment?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM

If it's on the right side, it could also be your appendix. Could be kidney stone too. You really should see a doctor.  You don't want to fool around with kidney pain.  

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM

I have had kidney stones.  I thought I was dying.  Lots of narcotics...

Cut out the soda, ramp up the water.  It may clear up on its own...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Ugh I did not even think of that. I will make an appt for next week.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

If it's on the right side, it could also be your appendix. Could be kidney stone too. You really should see a doctor.  You don't want to fool around with kidney pain.  

Osstie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:00 PM
You really shouldn't wait to go to the dr. I have had multiple kidney infections and I have passed stones. Not fun!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:00 PM

I passed a kidney stone a week after I had my last child......probably should have gone to the ER but I didn't. It was worse than labor pain.

Quoting STVUstudent:

I have had kidney stones.  I thought I was dying.  Lots of narcotics...

Cut out the soda, ramp up the water.  It may clear up on its own...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM

I don't have insurance right now :( I will go next week, if it gets a lot worse I will go to the ER. I passed a stone at home before but that was over 5 yrs ago.

Quoting Osstie: You really shouldn't wait to go to the dr. I have had multiple kidney infections and I have passed stones. Not fun!

Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:02 PM

My husband had kidney stones not that long ago. They HURT!!! If it IS kidney stones, start drinking your choice of cranberry-whatever (Ocean Spray brand name) juice, as much as you can stand. That will help break up the stones and it's also a kind of preventative.

When I took him to the ER the first time, they gave him morphine, which did nothing for the pain, and told him to strain his pee to catch the stone. The second time, about a week later, we were in and out a lot faster.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:04 PM

I'm about to get some cranberry juice and the concentrated pills they have. I had a stone once before and I passed it at home, not fun. I have some tylenol 3 I got from the dentist but I hate how painkillers make me feel :(

Quoting Rosehawk:

My husband had kidney stones not that long ago. They HURT!!! If it IS kidney stones, start drinking your choice of cranberry-whatever (Ocean Spray brand name) juice, as much as you can stand. That will help break up the stones and it's also a kind of preventative.

When I took him to the ER the first time, they gave him morphine, which did nothing for the pain, and told him to strain his pee to catch the stone. The second time, about a week later, we were in and out a lot faster.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Call around health food stores in your area and see if they have Planetary Herbals' Stone Free.  If they do, go buy a bottle and pick up a bottle of unfiltered apple juice from the grocery store (Simply Apple is good) and start taking the stone free and drinking the apple juice.  If it is a stone in your kidneys, the stone free will help break down/soften the stone and the apple juice will help turn the stone to sludge to make it easier to pass. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Ugh I did not even think of that. I will make an appt for next week.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

STVUstudent
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:07 PM

I have heard that drinking apple cider vinegar will help break up a stone.  If you can choke it down try that.  If you are drinking a lot of soda that will make the problem worse... puts a real strain on your kidneys.  Give them a really good flush and see how that feels.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't have insurance right now :( I will go next week, if it gets a lot worse I will go to the ER. I passed a stone at home before but that was over 5 yrs ago.

Quoting Osstie: You really shouldn't wait to go to the dr. I have had multiple kidney infections and I have passed stones. Not fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)