• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick! Halloween Costume Idea for an Older Kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I forgot tonight is the night we go to a friend's nursing home they run, and trick-or-treat to the residents. My 2 younger kids are set but my 13yo wasn't dressing up this year and is encouraged to do so for this. Any good around the house ideas? She is pretty open to things.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My go-to last minute costume is a cat. I wear all black put my hair into two buns for ears and draw on a nose and whiskers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM
My 13 year old is going to be a zombie starbucks barista... we went through spooky versions of all kinds of normal things (soccer player, geek, Hawaiian shirt tourist dude)...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Do you have Vaseline and red food coloring? Mix them together to get a nice deep red color. Take an old shirt and cut it up a bit. Put the red Vaseline on it and on her face. Bam...could be a zombie, murder victim, etc....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Do you have a cardboard box lying around? You could do tons with a cradboard box - a robot, a slice of pizza, an entire pizza, a car, Wall-E

Or, if you have a lot of scarves and a flowy skirt for her to wear, she could be a fortune teller. Bonus, if you have a glass paperweight she could use for a "crystal ball". 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:13 PM
This works! Thanks!

Quoting MistyMoo: My go-to last minute costume is a cat. I wear all black put my hair into two buns for ears and draw on a nose and whiskers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Are you trying to give the retirement home residents heart attacks?? LOL

Quoting Anonymous 3: Do you have Vaseline and red food coloring? Mix them together to get a nice deep red color. Take an old shirt and cut it up a bit. Put the red Vaseline on it and on her face. Bam...could be a zombie, murder victim, etc....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM
I really don't know why I'm blanking. This is all easy enough! I'm used to little kid costumes anymore.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My 13 year old is going to be a zombie starbucks barista... we went through spooky versions of all kinds of normal things (soccer player, geek, Hawaiian shirt tourist dude)...
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Just do some make up on her and have her dress kinda with the idea.

I always decide last minute, like as the kids are done and we need to walk out there he door.

I painted a butterfly on my face and wore bright clothes.

Another year I did a puppy face, put my hair in pigtails tails and wore black clothes.

I was a tree, leaves in my hair, and painted my face.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM

My 14 year old niece was Rosie the Riveter a few years ago. It didn't take much effort.. a blue shirt, a red bandana and some jeans. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM
You're welcome!

Quoting Anonymous 1: This works! Thanks!

Quoting MistyMoo: My go-to last minute costume is a cat. I wear all black put my hair into two buns for ears and draw on a nose and whiskers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)