Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chance of getting pregnant

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
I know there's always a chance of getting pregnant anytime you have sex.

But I'm just curious, I'm on the pill. I typically take it at the same time every night but there's time it's either later or earlier. I've been on the same pill for almost 2 years after I had my youngest. Both of my pregnancies were conceived immediately after stopping the pill. My second was planned.

Anyway, DH and I got married Saturday. Even though I'm on the pill, he always pulled out. But for our wedding night, we figured if I get pregnant then it's meant to be. We also had sex last night, twice. On our wedding night, I didn't take my pill but I took it in the morning.

Any BC failure stories out there? Is there really a risk because I took my pill a few hours late? If it makes a difference, I'm mid way through my cycle.
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM
I was so bad about taking my BC at the same time every day. I was all over the place with it and didn't get knocked up until I stopped taking it. However, a good friend of mine swears she got pregnant on the pill because she forgot to take it on time once.
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM
I will admit, before I got pregnant with my second I was terrible at taking it at the same time everyday. I think I really got careful after DH proposed to me because I was trying to lose weight and wanted to be at my goal weight before our wedding. We were engaged for a year and a half.

Quoting SunshneDaydream: I was so bad about taking my BC at the same time every day. I was all over the place with it and didn't get knocked up until I stopped taking it. However, a good friend of mine swears she got pregnant on the pill because she forgot to take it on time once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM
I never got pregnant on birth control. Why does he pull out even with you on the pill? Does he have super sperm or something?
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:16 PM
Condoms always break on him. He used Magnum condoms and he couldn't finish because they're too tight. I didn't want to risk getting pregnant before the wedding. I paid a lot of money for my dress that I worked hard to fit into.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I never got pregnant on birth control. Why does he pull out even with you on the pill? Does he have super sperm or something?
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:19 PM
Sometimes, even while on the pill periods fluctuate.
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM
What do you mean by that? I'm on Yaz but there are months I still ovulate. I'm on it for adenomyosis and suspected endometriosis, so I'm mainly on it to thin out my uterine lining.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Sometimes, even while on the pill periods fluctuate.
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM
There's nothing but convenient birth control failures here.
OliRye1234
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:14 PM
I wonder where all of them are.

Quoting ResidentRedhead: There's nothing but convenient birth control failures here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)