Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM
  • 17 Replies
Adult party and couples invited. If your SO couldn't go/didn't want to go and wanted to stay back with kids would you still go? I kind of want to go.
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:48 PM
I prob wouldn't but I don't see an issue with someone who wanted to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:48 PM

I would go

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:49 PM
It would depend on who is throwing the party. I can say that I definitely have a couple of friends that I would want to attend their Halloween party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM
I wouldn't. But that's just me.
I've seen it happen all the time though
Famousglm714
by Gina on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM

I would. That's often what we do simply because DH doesn't want to go. We have a ton of family who love to watch DS but DH would rather stay home most of the time. No biggie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM

A night to dress up with no kids, pshh I'd go! :) 

mom2twinboyz
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM
I mean it is going to be crowded so I don't think anyone would notice unless I ask. I know people I can talk too etc. If is sucks I can leave I guess
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Quoting nocalmegan: I prob wouldn't but I don't see an issue with someone who wanted to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:07 PM

As long as there would be other singles there. Five years ago we were at a party for couples and one woman went without her husband... It was so awkward, like all of the couples were hanging out and she would join in as the third wheel throughout the night. She still gets invited to birthday parties and stuff but she hasn't been back to a couples party because everybody quit inviting her. Her husband has anxiety and she's a little odd herself. 

mom2twinboyz
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM
There will be so many people there. I don't think it is like the couples will be hanging out all night. Not like a Dinner party or something when being absent is noticed.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

As long as there would be other singles there. Five years ago we were at a party for couples and one woman went without her husband... It was so awkward, like all of the couples were hanging out and she would join in as the third wheel throughout the night. She still gets invited to birthday parties and stuff but she hasn't been back to a couples party because everybody quit inviting her. Her husband has anxiety and she's a little odd herself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)