Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has a Trick or Treater ever creeped you out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

A few years ago my mom had a Trick or Treater who came to her door dressed as a suicide bomber. He was an older kid - probably  high school age. She gave him candy and he started rooting around in her silk flower arrangement. She asked what he was doing. He said he was planting a bomb. It was all part of the act, of course, but she was a bit creeped out.

Anyone have a similar story?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Dude, I'd call the cops, lol. There are just somethings you don't joke about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM
The year DH and I got married I was home alone since DH worked. I had 2 adult men come to the door dressed all in black including gloves and ski masks. It was and still is habit for me to check who was there before answering. They scared me and I did not open the door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM

I know. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Dude, I'd call the cops, lol. There are just somethings you don't joke about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM
No
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:36 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:38 PM
No, but that's not funny. If either of my teenagers tried to go out in a costume to joke about terroism I'd tell them to think again because it wasn't happening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:39 PM

Wow that's scary.

Quoting Anonymous 3: The year DH and I got married I was home alone since DH worked. I had 2 adult men come to the door dressed all in black including gloves and ski masks. It was and still is habit for me to check who was there before answering. They scared me and I did not open the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Not really but my dh lives to go all out for Halloween. One year he did chainsaw massacre, a table full of body parts as well as parts hanging from the garage ceiling. Anyway, he would occasionally rev his chain saw. (No chain on it) to scare the bigger kids. After trick or treat was over some kid came by with his own chain saw. They pretty much had a duel. It was cute and corny.
sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:44 PM

Thats not something I would joke about with a stranger. Maybe a friend who you knew wouldn't be offended.....

CotterpinDoozer
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 1:47 PM

That's not funny. No, we haven't had anything creepy. We had a super obnoxious kid last year, but that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)