Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Complications

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Did anyone have pregnancy complications due to being too heavy? Having Preeclamsia? Did you go on to have more children and how did those pregnancies go?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM
Nope not me but my best friend. She ate utter crap the entire time she was pregnant. She pours salt on everything. Had preeclampsia and they had to have her deliver her son early at 35 weeks. He was in the nicu and was very slow at walking/speech. They had to do early intervention to get him caught up. He's two and he's still tiny and always sick.
star33
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:27 PM
I'm not sure if mine was due to me being overweight or old or both. My bp started getting high, so I delivered at 38 weeks. Then I got admitted after going home with pari-partum cardiomyopathy. Congestive heart failure brought on by pregnancy.

My advice to you is exercise! If you can, please do. Even if it's walking around the block everyday. Try to eat good too.
WoodenMittens
by Zorak on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM
I had complications, but it wasn't due to being overweight and it wasn't pre-e. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM
How is your heart now?

Quoting star33: I'm not sure if mine was due to me being overweight or old or both. My bp started getting high, so I delivered at 38 weeks. Then I got admitted after going home with pari-partum cardiomyopathy. Congestive heart failure brought on by pregnancy.

My advice to you is exercise! If you can, please do. Even if it's walking around the block everyday. Try to eat good too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Thanks

Quoting WoodenMittens: I had complications, but it wasn't due to being overweight and it wasn't pre-e. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM
I naturally have very low blood pressure, I have even been refused to donate blood it is that low.
I was borderline preeclampsia until 36 weeks with my first. That week it was right on the line so my doctor was going to induce except my water broke during a random contraction. He was born at 37 weeks and I was sent back the the hospital 6 days later because I had finally crossed the line into full blown preeclampsia.
I went on to have two perfectly healthy pregnancies.
agirlyouknow2.0
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:35 PM
I had pre-ecclampsia, but not because of my weight.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:38 PM
I'm a fatty, and had 6 healthy (short of sever nausea from beginning to end) pregnancies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:46 PM
My problem is I basically ate my feelings from being so depressed with so much that happened in my life. Plus I have high blood pressure. My bp got to 200/110 during my last pregnancy and they did an emergency c-section. My bp didn't go down for 2 days then when I left the hospital my bp was back to being high 168/110 type stuff. I know I need to lose weight before we try for baby #2 but I was wondering if I lose weight if it will help

Quoting luckysevenwow: I'm a fatty, and had 6 healthy (short of sever nausea from beginning to end) pregnancies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM
Are you over weight

Quoting Anonymous 3: I naturally have very low blood pressure, I have even been refused to donate blood it is that low.
I was borderline preeclampsia until 36 weeks with my first. That week it was right on the line so my doctor was going to induce except my water broke during a random contraction. He was born at 37 weeks and I was sent back the the hospital 6 days later because I had finally crossed the line into full blown preeclampsia.
I went on to have two perfectly healthy pregnancies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)