• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neighbors

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Our neighbors wife died two days ago. The ladies on my street wants to make dinner for the family for the next few days. They asked me if I would be willing to cook them a dinner with the stipulation that the meal be totally made from organic food. Would you say yes or no to doing this?

I am going to cook a meal for them but I was wondering how others would feel about this.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiafez
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:40 PM
I think if the family you're cooking it for is an organic only food family it would be nice to do. But if they aren't then cook what you'd like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Is that how the FAMILY eats, or are they just being picky?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM

I'd just give them a gift card for somewhere they like to eat. I feel like they're picky and any food anyone gives them will end up in the trash. They probably wouldn't trust it being 100% organic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:43 PM
Yeah probably... it's not like organic food is difficult to find or buy around here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM

this...

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'd just give them a gift card for somewhere they like to eat. I feel like they're picky and any food anyone gives them will end up in the trash. They probably wouldn't trust it being 100% organic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Not if money were short. And how would they know? Here organic food is 2-8 times as much. I would not since we don't do it for our family.

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Nope I wouldn't

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM
I probably would go by the family's dietary needs or habits just to be neighborly. in this situation, nobody is asking me to eat that way or change my diet, I'm just cooking for someone going through a hard time. It's the nice thing to do
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:59 PM

how would they know it wasn't organic?

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:01 PM
As a widow who had a TON of food brought to my house, a lot of which we tossed just due to not being able to eat it all within a couple of days, a gift card to a restaurant would have been very appreciated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)