Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sorry and I refuse to apologize.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
We have been dealing with CPS for a few months now. We have meetings with them to talk about progress in the case and things. Family is usually invited to these things too. Because my DH doesn't get along with his mother, we told them we didn't want her come. So, instead, they asked her to write a letter with her thoughts and suggestions, etc.

MIL didn't write a note, SIL did, and she went on to say that we never took care of our kids, they were never fed, never bathed, etc and she didn't think we deserved to have children. None of those things were true, and since my DS was born at the beginning of the year, she had only seen him maybe 4 times. I had multiple witnesses, including neighbors and friends, who told our Case worker that the letter was not true in the least bit. MIL's name was signed to the note so I called her out on it. SIL went on to say that MIL knew nothing about the note and that she wrote it herself entirely. One of the things I called MIL out on was the fact that she has tried to tell us how to raise and care for our children but she didn't raise DH. She chose SIL and her dad and abandoned DH with her parents because SIL's dad would constantly beat DH (and it went on for about 4 years before MIL gave him to her parents). She accused me of not knowing what i was talking about and I told her that I did, because DH had told me all of the things he went through in the time that his Mom married SIL's dad. I told her that she did the EXACT same thing when she told CPS that our children were not being cared for.

After I said what I had to say, changed my phone number and moved on. DH said that he didn't want anything else to do with them because of what they said and because this isn't the first time his Mom has showed her ass. Then she started calling DH again, he blocked her number. She whined to the social worker that she wanted to have a relationship with him. He told the social worker that she shouldn't be involving the social worker in family drama, that isn't what she is there for, and he doesn't care to have anything to do with her. Despite my being mad at her and SIL, I have tried to get him to at least sit down, talk to them, and explain to both of them how he feels. He refuses.

We haven't talked to them since the last meeting in late September. SIL shows up at my job and confronts me, I ask her to leave. I really didn't want this stuff to be dragged to my work place because I didn't want to talk to her and I didn't want to get in trouble or get fired because of it.

SIL goes on to try to justify writing the letter because "the day we took our sick infant to the hospital, he was wearing a shirt that he had worn a day or two prior when we were visiting them and he was dirty (his leg was dirty, more than likely caused by my toddler touching his leg). She said that because he was dirty and wearing a onesie from the other day (that had been washed, mind you) they assumed it and he was never washed.

I finally snapped and told her that she wasn't around a lot, she was too busy bouncing around from guy to guy to be around her nephew and she had no right to say that i don't deserve my child because she doesn't know what kind of parent I am, and her opinion didn't make two shits to me.

Of course she went back and told the social worker, the social worker called me to "talk about it" and to "not snap off again, just walk off next time". Of course nothing was said to SIL for coming to my job and trying to cause trouble. The social worker wants me to apologize to SIL and MIL for "hurting their feelings" and I told her that I downright refuse.

Sorry, I needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM
6 moms liked this

Everything about your life sounds like a clusterfuck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM
Unfortunately, right now it is, due in part to MIL and SIL and their annoying drama.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Why is cps even involved?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:07 PM

I wouldn't put all the blame on them
You have an ongoing investigation with CPS...that doesn't happen if you're innocent of all wrong doing
They like to close cases asap if they can

Quoting Anonymous 1: Unfortunately, right now it is, due in part to MIL and SIL and their annoying drama.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:08 PM
I said partially. That means I'm not putting all of the blame on them. There is a lot to this clusterfuck.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I wouldn't put all the blame on themYou have an ongoing investigation with CPS...that doesn't happen if you're innocent of all wrong doingThey like to close cases asap if they can

Quoting Anonymous 1: Unfortunately, right now it is, due in part to MIL and SIL and their annoying drama.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:09 PM
3 moms liked this

If you want CPS out of your life you need to play their game. I will be the first person to tell you to cut the toxicity out of your life. But in your case tow the line and when the case is closed THEN tell MIL and SIL to fuck off

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Because they had some concerns with our child being in and out of the hospital. The initial report was that our children were not being cared for -- MIL swears the doctor from the hospital called CPS, we think she called, but we can't prove it. The case will get closed after we continue taking parenting classes, passing drug tests, and they keep coming to the home to do inspections to ensure that the house is safe and children are cared for, etc. after I complete the classes they said they would close the case.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Why is cps even involved?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:11 PM
15 moms liked this
"I'm sorry that your precious feelings got hurt, I'm not apologizing for my words, but I'll apologize for not realizing I needed to treat and speak to you as a young child rather than the age your drivers license says you are."
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:13 PM
Why is CPS involved in your family in the first place
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Ha, I love this! XD

If MIL didn't constantly criticize everything we do as parents, and didn't act like a victim when we stand up to her, we wouldn't mind having her around. It seems as though she thinks she is the only person with feelings. I have dealt with her for the past two years without saying anything.

Quoting Anonymous 4: "I'm sorry that your precious feelings got hurt, I'm not apologizing for my words, but I'll apologize for not realizing I needed to treat and speak to you as a young child rather than the age your drivers license says you are."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)