Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gross TMI Letting you know...but what does this mean??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

If you have what you think is your period but it only shows up in the toilet or when you wipe, not on your pad. 
I normally have to wear super tampons the first couple days and I've only used two regular tampons since Sunday when I got it. It looks mostly brown. Again sorry for the gross tmi but I can't find anything about this online and was hoping someone in here could help.  

Edit to add: It also looks heavy in the toilet. Like a lot of blood but again, barely anything on my pads. I've never had a period like this, it's really weird! Also I have been having some light cramping, but nothing that I need to take medicine for.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:25 PM
Pregnant?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:26 PM

Idk I took a test a few days before it started and it was negative. My last and only other pregnancy I didn't get any period at all. I did move furniture on Saturday night, thinking I wasn't pregnant. Could that be why I was bleeding? 

Quoting admsj5: Pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:27 PM
My period starts like that every month now.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

I think when the blood is super dark like that, then it's older and possibly from your last menstrual cycle. You might need to see a doctor if things are weird next month. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Hmm I was thinking maybe it's because I'm still nursing a lot? Maybe I just nursed a lot this month and maybe that's why it's so light. This is highly unusual for me though. Like I said, I am usually using super or super plus tampons in the beginning and doubling up on pads at night because I usually leak if I don't. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: My period starts like that every month now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:29 PM

Hm..ok. Thank you. Maybe I will make an appointment for after it's over. 

Quoting Curlymom234:

I think when the blood is super dark like that, then it's older and possibly from your last menstrual cycle. You might need to see a doctor if things are weird next month. I hope you feel better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:30 PM
Have you been sitting down a lot? If I spend the day mostly sitting it doesn't come out on my pad but it starts coming out when I stand to walk to the bathroom then bearing down there pushes it out.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Maybe your hormones are wonky. After I had my daughter my periods got weird. Instead of them being the same month by month I'll go light, heavy, light, heavy...Just mention it at your next gyno appointment.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Oh, that happened to me a lot when I was nursing full time.  I rarely got a regular period, just some staining and maybe one day of a light flow.  Still, when in doubt, talk to your doctor.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hmm I was thinking maybe it's because I'm still nursing a lot? Maybe I just nursed a lot this month and maybe that's why it's so light. This is highly unusual for me though. Like I said, I am usually using super or super plus tampons in the beginning and doubling up on pads at night because I usually leak if I don't. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: My period starts like that every month now.

Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Also, this is TMI, but whatever. I have super light periods like that almost every month.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hm..ok. Thank you. Maybe I will make an appointment for after it's over. 

Quoting Curlymom234:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)