Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your cigarette is not worth my house!!!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM
  • 35 Replies
Venting. We are in the middle of a very severe drought. Wild fires have been popping up all over. We had one that almost closed the interstate near my house just yesterday - it stretched several miles on the side of the highway.

My house is in the woods, but there are two main roads that intersect at the bottom of our hill. I just left to pick my girls up from school and someone flicked a cig butt out their window right at the base of our woods!!

Seriously makes me so angry and STRESSED out! How stupid and selfish can people be?!
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM
Welcome to America.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:24 PM

That we definitely piss me off. Hell I get upset when people flick them out of their car in front of me on the highway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:24 PM
Did you get their license plate number? Cops cite that here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Yeah, my neighbor's yrad caught on fire in that same scenario a few years back. He wasn't home, but luckily there were others outside who called the fire dept right away.

It's sadly way too common.

ThreeKidsEnough
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM
I agree with you, and I'm a smoker! People can be so stupid and careless (the same can be said for people who illegally light campfires or set off fireworks in dry areas). I am extremely careful about when and where I smoke, and NEVER throw cigs out my car window. Be safe!
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM

Did you get the dumbass's license plate?

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Ugh. People are stupid.
bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM
They sped off too fast for my mini van to catch up! We have never had a drought this bad before so I'm not sure what the laws are regarding it but it crossed my mind for sure!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Did you get their license plate number? Cops cite that here.
bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM
Their little car sped away from my slowpoke mini van too fast. So ticked.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Did you get the dumbass's license plate?

bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:18 PM
Anyone live in an area where wild fires are common? Do you keep necessaries and important documents in your car or within easy reach? I'm feeling so paranoid and am tempted to pack some things and put them in my trunk. Is that overreacting??
In the event that our woods caught fire, it would go up so fast and I would just be grabbing children and animals...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)