Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have gnats in my fridge

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have been battling gnats for the better part of this yr. I have Google tried what it said to get rid of them and it isn't working. Now they are in my fridge. If I don't clean my fridge daily by a week they are all over it and dead. In the drawers, under the bottom drawers and in my freezer. It is gross. Help me
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:58 PM

gnats? do you mean Ants?

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Clean the shit out of your fridge. Then put mason jars filled with apple cider vinegar in them. Put plastic wrap over them and poke holes in it. They will get in, but can't get out. 

You also have to cut off their food supply. Keep your trash can outside. Put everything in your fridge into  air tight containers. 

We got them one year from a pinapple I was so pissed. 

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:59 PM
Gnats? Or are they those water nymph things? We had those all over the bathroom due to a leak
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Apple cider vinegar traps, bleach all drains, clean under the fridge and make sure there are no leaks or rotting food anywhere, and seal all windows and doors. There are coming in from somewhere for some reason.
FunAuntie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:03 PM
Could they be fruit flies? They are similar to gnats but really gravitate to food. Clearing out the drain every day helps. Sugar/honey water in an upside down funnel shape helps trap them. Takes a while, but they can be eradicated.
cupcake7734
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:10 PM

We are currently battling gnats, too! Get a jar, drilling holes in the lid. Fill the jar with plain white vinegar and (sounds weird, I know) a piece of banana. Place the lid back on the jar and put the jar where you find the majority of the gnats. It will take a few days, but the bugs will be attracted to the vinegar and go through the holes in the lid. When they can't get back out, they usually drown or at the very least become trapped in the jar. I have a jar next to our fruit bowl, and you wouldn't believe how many we've caught so far! I'm thinking about putting another jar at the back of the apartment to get the stragglers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Gnats

Quoting Anonymous 2:

gnats? do you mean Ants?

emandab
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Is something under the fridge? I'm surprised they are all over the inside. Clean your drains and keep them plugged for awhile. That helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)