Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control shot for men?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
The shot offers men an alternative that is more reliable than condoms and more reversible than vasectomies..

Yes please!

http://www.nj.com/healthfit/index.ssf/2016/10/male_birth_control_could_be_as_easy_as_a_monthly_s.html

Would your so/dh get this? I think my dh would.. I don't personally use hormonal birth control.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:34 PM
💉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:36 PM
💉💉💉💉💉💉
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:38 PM
Yea... i dont see this as being effective. Especially amoung teenagers and the working poor.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM

No since soon he will be getting a vasectomy. Right now we aren't too worried about that. I have to be on birth control at this point and time due to issues I'm having. 

Sassypants120
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:42 PM
íѕ ít ѕαfє? í ѕєє nσthíng wrσng wíth ít, íf ítѕ ѕαfє.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Yes, mine would. There are other birth control options that are pretty close to hitting American markets as well. He has always said that he would be willing to use birth control if it were an option for him so that I don't have to be the only one. Currently he's VERY good about using a condom if we need to (better than I am....) but we both don't like them. 

I'm looking forward to having more options to prevent unplanned pregnancies. I also like the social statement that it makes as well- unplanned pregnancies aren't a result of a woman not using birth control: they're a result for a couple not using birth control.

dissonance
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:50 PM

In fairness, I doubt women are going to poke holes in condoms for them... A "friend" admitted to doing this to a guy we know so she could live off his CS... It worked until he gained full custody because he could provide a more stable life for the kid. I think it gives some men, double protection, just like BC and condoms for women. 

Quoting Schauseil: Yea... i dont see this as being effective. Especially amoung teenagers and the working poor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:51 PM

What is your concern? That they wouldn't be complaint with getting an injection every 8 weeks?

It sounds like the efficacy rate is similar to that of oral birth control for women.

Quoting Schauseil: Yea... i dont see this as being effective. Especially amoung teenagers and the working poor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM
No he would not because he wants 5 more kids.

Not going to happen as long as I can control my body.
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:55 PM

he would

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)