Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm beyond frustrated.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
My daughter has been sick for 5 weeks. She has not been fever for 24 hours in over a month. The fevers come and go, usually twice a day around early after noon and then again at bedtime. She has been to the doctors, she has been sent to the ER twice by the pediatricians and they cannot figure out what is wrong with her. All her virus labs have been continuously clear. Strep negative, urine was negative, chest X-ray was clear. Her first round of bloodwork was abnormal, her second round was fine and her most recent was abnormal but still no answers, just more questions. She's not eating right but she has gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks, she lethargic for periods of the day and then has sudden bursts of energy. She's not sleeping, she's waking up multiple times during the night screaming like she's in pain but she's so inconsolable that she can't tell me if anything hurts.

I now have to keep a diary for 2 weeks to establish a pattern in her fevers and what she's eating and we've been referred to a rheumatologist.

I'm not looking for answers here, I just needed to vent. I'm just extremely frustrated and I'm exhausted. I've had to take a temporary leave of absence from work because she can't go to school until she's fever free. I just want some answers.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Wow, that's scary! I hope y'all will have answers soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Thank you! I do too. I'm at my wits end over here :(

Quoting Danesmommy1: Wow, that's scary! I hope y'all will have answers soon.
Momtogirls0823
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Oh my gosh, that's scary and tough.  I hope the rheumatologist can give you some answers!  Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM
I'm sorry. I can only imagine how frustrating and worrisome that must be.

What is her fever range?

Hope you get some answers soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:28 PM
Thank you! I hope so too, none of this makes any sense at all.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Oh my gosh, that's scary and tough.  I hope the rheumatologist can give you some answers!  Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:29 PM
Dang, that's scary. How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM
It ranges from 100.9 - 101.3 and then goes back to normal within 2-3 hours and then repeats a few hours later.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm sorry. I can only imagine how frustrating and worrisome that must be.

What is her fever range?

Hope you get some answers soon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:31 PM
It is! She's 5.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Dang, that's scary. How old is she?
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:33 PM
I'm so sorry...I hope you find something out soon. It awful when our kids are sick and we feel helpless.

Hugs Mama, hang in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

It's the worst feeling. I just want her to be herself again :(

Quoting DensHag: I'm so sorry...I hope you find something out soon. It awful when our kids are sick and we feel helpless.

Hugs Mama, hang in there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)