Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This what you get when you think you are entitled

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son's first birthday is Sunday and we are having his birthday party on Saturday with friends and family. Well MIL decided that she didn't want to attend because of my parents attending. That's fine she doesn't have to attend. No biggie. Well about an hour ago she shows up wanting to take my son to dinner. I told her not tonight because I have a lot to do with my other kids between dance and homework and we will have dinner with her another night. She replied well you and your daughters are not invited. This is just a dinner with my side of the family to celebrate his birthday.I told her absolutely not. Now I'm getting a bunch of texts bitching me out because I'm keeping her grandson from her. Uhh No. I'm not. She has seen him a grand total of 5 times in his entire life and never shows any interest in him unless its to make herself look good. If she wants to be a part of the family then that includes everyone Not his and hers. Besides no one is celebrating his first birthday before me and our nuclear family does. I cannot believe the show of entitlement from her

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM
You don't trust her with him is what it sounds like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:31 PM

He doesn't really know her plus I believe that baby firsts belong to the parents

Quoting Anonymous 2: You don't trust her with him is what it sounds like.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
So wait...a woman who has probably never watched your 1YO wants to take him to a restaurant, by herself? Talk about setting yourself up for dirty looks and comments. She must not be all there. I wouldn't trust a kid alone with her unless they could recite my address and phone number in their sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:34 PM
It seems like it would be a pretty sweet deal then. Let her have him and give yourself a break while running around your older kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He doesn't really know her plus I believe that baby firsts belong to the parents

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh she wouldn't be by herself. She had a whole party planned with guests,decorations and birthday cake. I just find it completely offensive for her to plan a birthday party for someone else's child and not even invite the child's parents or sibilings. especially a milestone birthday like the first birthday

Quoting Rhodin: So wait...a woman who has probably never watched your 1YO wants to take him to a restaurant, by herself? Talk about setting yourself up for dirty looks and comments. She must not be all there. I wouldn't trust a kid alone with her unless they could recite my address and phone number in their sleep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Some grandma's think they have all the say. Smh, stand your ground.

And the texts bashing you for saying no, who does she think you are? The mother?

She sounds a tad bit trashy to be honest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:36 PM

No way in hell will that be happening. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: It seems like it would be a pretty sweet deal then. Let her have him and give yourself a break while running around your older kids.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:39 PM
Alright

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: It seems like it would be a pretty sweet deal then. Let her have him and give yourself a break while running around your older kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Would you be ok with your child celebrating his first birthday without you. First time trying to blow out candle.smash cake,opening presents,tasting cake and all that

Quoting Anonymous 2: Alright
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Ya rude to plan a separate party and his siblings and parents are not invited.

I would tell her if she wants to celebrate his birthday she is welcome to come to his party that we are throwing just like the rest of his family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)