• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You need to keep it to yourself!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

After 8 years he wants our son to know he is his father. There is no way I am allowing that! He is barely in the state (no more than two weeks a year) He cant take him with him, because of his work. He is unable to communicate with me for long periods of time. (3 to four months) So no, my son deserves better and he already has a father. He can see him every time he wants or can, but he is not opening that can of worms. He lives and work out of the country.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
He should have always known...things like this never end well. It will come out and the longer it takes, the worse it will be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM

He only know about his son because, he knocked my door two days before I gave birth to him. At first I denied the baby being his, but my son was born his spitting image. We have different ethnics. He pays child support which I have never used a cent and it is in account for him when he grows up. He has seen his son once maybe twice a year in 8 years.  My son doesn't need an absent father.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He should have always known...things like this never end well. It will come out and the longer it takes, the worse it will be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Yeah absent fathers suck.
But your son deserves to know the truth. If he has a man in his life who is Dad to him, then he will have that after he knows the truth too.
I'm just saying, when he finds out years down the road, he is going to feel betrayed and it will be much harder to absorb than it would be now as a child.

You don't have to listen to me. I'm sure you probably won't. But I think you'll regret keeping this a secret.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He only know about his son because, he knocked my door two days before I gave birth to him. At first I denied the baby being his, but my son was born his spitting image. We have different ethnics. He pays child support which I have never used a cent and it is in account for him when he grows up. He has seen his son once maybe twice a year in 8 years.  My son doesn't need an absent father.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He should have always known...things like this never end well. It will come out and the longer it takes, the worse it will be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:48 AM

I don't blame you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Thank you! Henjoy wants to minimize his guilt of being an absent father by burdening our son. That is not going to happen.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I don't blame you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Your son has an absent father regardless of you admitting it out loud . Just because you dont want him to be the father doesnt matter at all , the time for that choice is long gone . since he us the biological father he has the same rights to the son as you . Your attempt at controlling all of this is almost guaranteed to burn you in the ling run . I suggest you concentrate on helping your son understand and feel secure etc..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:35 PM
I am in charge of my son 365 days a year. he only sees him twice a year, which only consist in him giving him a gift or playing ball with our son. If he wanted to be an active parent I would be all in, but to say: " hey I am your father and my job doesn't allow me to spend time with you". " I can't take you on vacations or to meet my parents, whom BTW doesn't even know you exist". That I would not allow. My son has his last name and my son knows him. He is listed as the father so is not like it is a great secret. My son has never asked about his bf and until he does, this is a no.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Your son has an absent father regardless of you admitting it out loud . Just because you dont want him to be the father doesnt matter at all , the time for that choice is long gone . since he us the biological father he has the same rights to the son as you . Your attempt at controlling all of this is almost guaranteed to burn you in the ling run . I suggest you concentrate on helping your son understand and feel secure etc..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)