• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 yr old steroid shot?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
My 2 yr old was prescribed Prednisolone because he has a really bad cough. It's a 5 day medicine that he takes once a day.

We aren't new to this medication as my older son has had to take it in the past.

It tastes horrendous. Like it is known to be a nasty medicine.

Well, my problem is that he throws up when he takes it, so he isn't getting the dose.

I'm wondering if this is available as a shot instead?? Anyone have experience with this? I'll call the doctor in the morning, of course, but just wanted to hear from other moms.

Not crazy about shots, of course, but if it means him getting the whole dose instead of gagging each time, I'll do it.
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:07 PM
I think your best bet would be to mix it with some juice. I know how horrible it is. I'm on an 18 day course of it right now, in pill form and those are nasty too. The only time I have had it besides in pill or liquid form is through an iv.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:11 PM
My daughter hates oral meds as is so it's basically impossible to get her to take Prednisone. I have Decadron IM ordered instead. It's proven to be as effective as a 5-day course of oral Prednisone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2016 at 6:43 AM

IDK but here's a Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)