Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms that work any jobs at the schools ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
What do you do over breaks when you don't get paid? Do you work somewhere else or just go unpaid?

Wondering if I should try and put some money aside to use during those breaks or looking for ideas of how to make a little cash during those periods.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Bump
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:02 PM
My mom does. She doesn't work during breaks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:06 PM
Bump
bethanymommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Typically breaks are accounted for and your paycheck is spread out during the rest of the year so that you still get paid when you aren't working.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM
My salary is divided by 24. I always receive a check.
SueWanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:13 PM
I get paid 10 months. In the summer I interpret.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I'm a teacher.  I get paid for 10 months.  I have money automatically taken from each of my 10 checks, and put into a seperate money market account that I use for summer.

ETA - I do have the option to have my salary spread over 12 checks instead of 10.  However, I prefer to not leave my money in other people's hands.  That's why I gave it set up to come to me, and I'm the one who sets it fact for the summer.  And back when interest rates were actually worth mentioning, I was the one drawing the interest on the money.

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:16 PM

I work 9 months on, 2 months off (not for the schools), I save during the time that I am working so that if I do not want to work I do not HAVE to. I have taken temp jobs though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM
I am paid year round now. In a different school system, I was not. I took a portion of my check out in cash, on payday, and put the cash into a safe deposit box at the back.
This worked for me because I didn't have easy access to the cash so I could never "just slip $50 over in an emergency".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:24 PM
What job do you have?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)